FROM CACHE - en_header

i can't set up Shopify payments

Solved
Melsa
Tourist
13 0 1

i'm done setting up my store but i realised something: i set up (test) Bogus Gateway as primary payment provider. I can't find Shopify payments!! and i did't add my credit card details anywhere except for the monthly biling.    HELP!!!

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1866 189 307

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Melsa.

Thank you for following up! Togo isn't listed directly on our page of supported third-party gateways; however, you can find that here -  list of available third-party payment providers in Togo. Though there aren't many options in Togo, you can use 2Checkout with your store! 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1866 189 307

Hey, @Melsa.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

I understand you're looking to set up Shopify Payments. If you're not seeing Shopify Payments in your Payment settings, it's possible that Shopify Payments isn't available in your country. Shopify Payments is available only to stores in certain countries and regions - Here's our list of supported countries and regions

If Shopify Payments is available in your country, we do have a step-by-step guide to help you with setting up Shopify Payments. However, if it's not available, you can use a supported third-party payment provider - We also have a list of supported third-party payment providers.

With that being said, where is your store operating from?

Melsa
Tourist
13 0 1

Togo

Melsa
Tourist
13 0 1

my store operates from Togo

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1866 189 307

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Melsa.

Thank you for following up! Togo isn't listed directly on our page of supported third-party gateways; however, you can find that here -  list of available third-party payment providers in Togo. Though there aren't many options in Togo, you can use 2Checkout with your store! 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Melsa
Tourist
13 0 1

Thank you

Habibi01
2 0 1

Hi, Thank you for your answer. I have the same problem in Switzerland. Is it possible to change to store location in a country where Shopify Payment is available ? I don't have a physical store, I only sale online. 
thank you

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1866 189 307

Hi, @Habibi01.

Thank you for joining the thread!

I understand that you're only selling online and you don't have a physical store. To clarify, the eligibility for Shopify Payments (SP) is based on where you're operating from or where your business is registered. While it's not possible to be eligible for SP by changing store locations, you may be able to register your business in a different country where SP is available. However, this is not something that we can help with, I'd recommend speaking with a local legal advisor about registering your business elsewhere.

It's important to note that you may also need to provide some personal information (eg. government-issued documents) to use Shopify Payments as well, so I'd encourage taking a look at our Shopify Payments requirements and FAQ for more information.

You can also consider using a third-party payment gateway for your store and, if you didn't get a chance to look over the third-party gateways, we have a list of them here: Supported payment gateways in Switzerland.

Have you had a chance to look over our available gateways in Switzerland already?

Habibi01
2 0 1

Hi

thank you for your answer!

I finally used Stripe and PayPal. The only problem is that my payment can only be made in one unique currency. I can use apps to switch the price into another currency, but the paiement will still be the same. 

but it’s ok I guess for now 

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1866 189 307

Hi, @Habibi01.

Glad to hear that you've got PayPal and Stripe set up on your store! 

While I can't be sure whether third-party gateways can work with multiple currencies; however, I was able to find that Stripe's guide on working with multiple currencies. I'd recommend reaching out to Stripe Support and see if this is something that they can integrate with your Shopify store. 

Feel free to keep me posted! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

Abhi-
2 0 0

I have a PVT LTD  Registered Business in the UK with registered office in London can I use shopify payments? 

I will be operation my store from unsupported country though . 

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1866 189 307

Hey, @Abhi-.

Thank you for joining the thread!

Based on the Shopify Payments requirements, I can confirm that if your store is operating from an unsupported country then Shopify Payments will not be able to support your business. However, we do have a list of other payment gateways available that can support your business. 

Did you get a chance to look over our supported payment gateways?

lbach
1 0 0
  • I cannot get shopify payments to show on my check out. Any help?
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1866 189 307

Hey, @lbach.

Thank you for joining the thread.

I'm afraid there isn't enough information as to why Shopify Payments isn't working for you. Nevertheless, the first thing I'd recommend doing is checking the Shopify Payments requirements to see if you're in one of the supported regions. After that, you'll also want to make sure that your business does not fall under one of our prohibited businesses, as they are not supported on our payment gateway. Once you've checked over these two areas, we've got a step-by-step guide to help you with setting up and configuring Shopify Payments

If you're still unable to get Shopify Payments working after reviewing the resources, then it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to take a closer look. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

That being said, could you share more details on where you're operating from? Were there any specific errors when setting up Shopify Payments?