I would appreciate feedback on my new store, Integrity Tarot Consulting

Solved
RolandP
Excursionist
37 1 8

Hello,

I am still building my store. Although I have published it, I've not promoted it yet.

I provide Tarot Consultations to clients, and I'd appreciate your feedback. I'd like to know if my Shopify store demonstrates the value I bring and positions tarot consulting, when practiced responsibly, as a legitimate skill in the coaching and helping arena. Here is the link to the site: http://integritytarotconsulting.com Thank you in advance for your feedback and comments.

Best regards,

Roland

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
989 103 164

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at the work you've done so far on your website and you've made such an impressive start! The testimonials are on point, the images are great, and I love that we immediately get a grasp of who we are purchasing the service from. 

I have some small pieces of feedback you could take on board if you wish: 

• I'd suggest adding a favicon to your store, it just adds a nice little extra level of professionalism. 
  • You should change your Homepage Title to 'Integrity Tarot Consulting', rather than the URL for the business. You can do so by going to Online Store > Preferences as shown here
  • Is your banner with your call to action 'would you like to live with more clarity and confidence?' worth taking up and entire screen in terms of size? I feel this is a lot of real estate on your landing page. 
  • This type of service would benefit tremendously from some video content, have you considered shooting an introduction video to your services, perhaps with a couple of testimonials from your previous customers? 

Is this your first time taking your business online? You've done a really great job so far! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
989 103 164

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at the work you've done so far on your website and you've made such an impressive start! The testimonials are on point, the images are great, and I love that we immediately get a grasp of who we are purchasing the service from. 

I have some small pieces of feedback you could take on board if you wish: 

• I'd suggest adding a favicon to your store, it just adds a nice little extra level of professionalism. 
  • You should change your Homepage Title to 'Integrity Tarot Consulting', rather than the URL for the business. You can do so by going to Online Store > Preferences as shown here
  • Is your banner with your call to action 'would you like to live with more clarity and confidence?' worth taking up and entire screen in terms of size? I feel this is a lot of real estate on your landing page. 
  • This type of service would benefit tremendously from some video content, have you considered shooting an introduction video to your services, perhaps with a couple of testimonials from your previous customers? 

Is this your first time taking your business online? You've done a really great job so far! 

RolandP
Excursionist
37 1 8

Hello,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. I’ve never done anything like this online before, nor have I ever owned a business before – this is a first.

I will definitely act on your suggestions. I’m not sure if I will make the size of the primary image and call to action smaller in the short term. However, adding more content will probably drive me to make the focal point of the landing page smaller, as I employ more of the design elements of the theme that I haven’t used yet.

Thank you very much for recommending the video element. I could probably record a brief “Let me introduce myself and welcome you” video segment.

Once again, thank you very much,

Roland

Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
989 103 164

That sounds great, and well done again on putting together such a lovely website first time around. Best of luck with the design, and if you need any further assistance prior to the official launch don't hesitate to get in touch with us! 

saaszone
5 0 0

Hi there

We are experts in Pipedrive CRM and Shopify Integration.

Let us know if you need any help : saaszone.co

Email: support@saaszone.co

RolandP
Excursionist
37 1 8

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking a look at my store and for the suggestions. I will spend some time in the very near future looking into how I can do some of these things.

Roland

RolandP
Excursionist
37 1 8

Hello,

I have changed the copy on my website to clearly focus on working with clients who seek to improve their work lives, careers, jobs. Could you take a look and let me know if the new Shopify store reflects that focus effectively? I know that I'm narrowing my niche of potential clients, but I think that is where I can add to my track record and credibility. I want to focus on the clients I know I can help: people who want to improve their professional and work lives, using the Tarot. I have a Master's Degree in Human Resource Development and 20+ years of experience in training and professional and career development.

Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
989 103 164

Hi again @RolandP! That copy is great, and immediately identifies the areas that you mention above. It's great to see you focus in on specific customer issues, rather than having your scope too broad. You'll find it easier to market by being a little more specific! 

I'd still love to some video content, however! Have you considered that as an addition? 

RolandP
Excursionist
37 1 8

Hello, 

Thank you for the comment. Sorry I posted my item twice — that was an accident. 

I am definitely going to record an introductory welcome and positioning video — am working in the talking points/script for that. It will be brief, and I want to be prepared, but not sound scripted. I should be ready to record that and post it in another day or so.

Thanks again,

Roland

RolandP
Excursionist
37 1 8

Hi Cal,

I added a welcome video. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Roland

Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
989 103 164

This was fantastic, and I love that you finished the video with a call to action, to learn more about the customer. My only piece of critique is that next time you create this video, it would be better to have it in a horizontal perspective, rather than vertical, and for it be mounted on a tripod or similar to give it absolute steadiness. Nice job!

RolandP
Excursionist
37 1 8

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestions and for the feedback, Cal. I appreciate it and will redo the way you described.

RolandP
Excursionist
37 1 8

Hi Cal,

I recorded a new video, following the suggestions you made. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Roland

Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
989 103 164

Much better! Nice job. 

How are you planning to start marketing the website to your customers? Have you developed a marketing plan yet? And one last small suggestion, I think having the two subscription boxes at the end of the website is overkill, perhaps one or the other? 

Best of luck with the official launch! 

RolandP
Excursionist
37 1 8

Hello,
Thank you for the positive feedback on the video. I’ll probably record another one without such strong light coming through the window. Each one of these recordings requires many “takes” to get something I think is at least acceptable.

Also, I deleted the “Newsletter” item, leaving the one in the footer to do that job. That, along with the Contact form, will capture new contacts.

One of my biggest goals at this early stage is building a list of contacts/prospects. I don’t have a big list of people I can do email marketing communications with. 

In terms of Marketing, I plan to leverage existing groups on Facebook and other platforms to build a presence and become known to people who look like my ideal client.

I have written a fairly detailed persona description of who my ideal client looks like. I know some of the places where this person might go online, but I need to continue to make efforts to put myself and my marketing messages where this person goes and will see/hear those messages.

I will also look for opportunities to post or write articles for other Tarot and coaching resources.  This is the PR side of the marketing and communications activity. Of course this largely involves establishing myself as an expert resource, since blatant self-promotion is largely prohibited outside of paid advertising. 

Thank you,

Roland

RolandP
Excursionist
37 1 8

Hello Cal,

i would appreciate your feedback on my store site. I have gotten many visits to my site (triggered by some modest spend on Facebook advertising) but very few people have used the Contact page to send a message or ask a question. This has made cultivating prospects to clients very difficult. 

I realize that there is no “magic bullet,” but I am wondering if you have ideas that would drive people to leave their contact information (email address, preferably) with me, or initiate a back-and-forth of communication.

Thank you for your recommendations,

Roland