Is a 0.3% conversion rate normal for a new online furniture store?

Emil_J
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions related to my online furniture store, and I was hoping to get some advice from those with more experience.

Firstly, I'm curious about the average conversion rate for an online furniture store. As a new store, I currently have a conversion rate of 0.3%. Is this typical, or should I be aiming for a higher rate?

Secondly, I'm considering hiring a store audit freelance to help me optimize my store and improve my conversion rate. Has anyone had a positive experience with this type of service? If so, could you please share a link to the freelancer you worked with?

I appreciate any advice or insights you can provide. Thank you in advance!

stoloss.com

Replies 2 (2)

NomtechSolution
Astronaut
1245 113 147

When it comes to conversion rates for an online furniture store, it can vary depending on various factors such as industry, target audience, website design, pricing, and marketing efforts. While there isn't a specific benchmark for conversion rates in the furniture industry, an average conversion rate of 0.3% might be considered low. However, it's important to keep in mind that conversion rates can differ significantly between different businesses.

To improve your conversion rate, there are several strategies you can consider:

1. Optimize your website: Ensure your website is user-friendly, visually appealing, and easy to navigate. Streamline the purchasing process, make product information clear and detailed, and provide high-quality product images.

2. Enhance product descriptions: Craft compelling and informative product descriptions that highlight the features, benefits, and unique selling points of your furniture. Use persuasive language and consider including customer reviews and testimonials to build trust.

3. Improve site speed: A slow-loading website can deter visitors from making a purchase. Optimize your website's speed by compressing images, minimizing code, and leveraging caching techniques.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @Emil_J.

Thanks for reaching out. 

I appreciate that you have provided your online store URL for us to explore! I wanted to provide you with some online store feedback to help improve the conversion rate. 

Looking into your online store, I noticed that you are using the announcement bar to inform your customers what type of furniture is available. You could include a free shipping offer or discount available to create a buyer incentive. It is a great way to get your visitors browsing through the available collections.

What do you think about including a slideshow section as the first section on the homepage? This can make the homepage more interactive and strengthen your brand by showcasing some of your products in the slides. For example, you could include your best seller or favorite products. 

Let me know what you think.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog