My shopify store is not converting

ad_main_deal
Excursionist
29 0 3

My advertisement is getting about 60 people to click the advertisement to go to my website with a 10% off coupon, I am spending about $15 on face book business manager to post just in the front posts and Instagram posts of people. I know I am getting people who are interested to click on my advertisement, but they never went to checkout. My store has been live for about 3 weeks, and I did advertising in my first week, then stopped because I wasn't getting a lot of clicks, used fiverrr and got a new better advertisement and put it up for advertising 2 days ago.

In short, there is a issue with my website that I am not seeing and I would appreciate it if someone could look on my website to see what is wrong and why I am losing interested customers from going to checkout.

website URL: http://www.admaindeal.com/

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
444 44 96

Hi @ad_main_deal 

Your site looks nice.  Here are a few things that jump out at me:

• It appears that you are doing a 'general merchandise' type dropshipping store. If you are setting up this kind of store, you will definitely need more than 5 products. Single-item or small-catalog stores only tend to be successful with niche or unique products. I would import more products and set up collections to break them up into categories (electronics, pet, home accessories, etc.). Imagine walking into a brick and mortar general merchandise store and there are only 5 products on the shelf. What would your first impression be as you walked in the door? If I had to guess, I would say this is your number one hurdle at the moment.
  • Also keep in mind when doing this, you still need to build up your brand to make it stand out. Consider: most of these products (or similar) can be bought from trusted retailers like Amazon or Wal Mart. What will make people want to buy it from your store instead? You need content and an identity that will build trust and loyalty. Blogs, videos, reviews, unboxings, etc. Your merchandise isn't unique, so your brand needs to be.
  • This won't help build trust:

MelsMojoBob_0-1597849003690.png

• Take your policy pages out of your header menu and place them in the footer. Your header menu should be all about the shopping experience and navigating your catalog (once you build it up). If you prefer to keep it there, I would suggest having one menu item such as 'Company Info' with the individual pages linked under that one menu item.
  • This also won't help build trust: 
    MelsMojoBob_1-1597849460996.png
    I would remove it until you have some actual testimonials to fill out.
  • The word "cheapest" appears to be used quite a bit in your product descriptions. I would suggest "least expensive" instead. 

I hope these are helpful. Bet of luck!

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 128 245

Hey, @ad_main_deal 

Determining why an advertising campaign isn't working can be a tricky process to isolate potential causes. This is because there are so many moving parts to running an ad campaign. Here are some considerations.

1. The quality of the traffic your acquiring. Are these visitors clicking on your ads apart of your buyer persona/ideal audience? If you are unsure of what this is and would like to build your buyer persona, This exercise will be crucial in your success. All the decisions you make in your business should directly correlate to attracting your buyer persona to your brand.

2. Getting people to click on your ad is half the battle. Redirecting them to a page on your website that makes sense is also equally important. For example: If you create an ad that has purchase intent (Buy 'X' product in the next 3 days to receive 'Y' Free!) and clicking on the ad sends them to your homepage, it's going to create friction. Conversely, if you have an ad that is more informational and its intention is to build brand awareness or answer the person's question, sending them directly to a product page opposed to a page that answers their question/interest is not ideal either. 

3. The experience on your website is not engaging, lacks trust, or is technically broken.

By going through your website, I can say that it definitely isn't a technical issue. But the above points are areas that you want to consider and revise when building out ad sets. If they don't convert early, stop running the ad and try another. This can be a long process, but once you find a winner, it pays off in big ways. In fact, I strongly recommend going through our free comprehensive guide, Facebook Ads For Beginners to help you out going forward. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ad_main_deal
Excursionist
29 0 3

Thank you so much @BobsMojo, I made changes according to what you suggested, I will also be adding categories and different products in the next coming weeks thank you so much for your help!!!!

I noticed that after I made the changes the text looked small in the header section and I wasn't sure how to increase the size of this one.

0 Likes
ad_main_deal
Excursionist
29 0 3

Thank you So much for your response Dirk. I think I have a good idea of the persona for the target audience

• Locations: Canada, United States
  • Interests: Working parents, Diapers, etc (other baby related key words like sesame street or paw patrol)
  • Education Level: college grad, high school grad (not as much), University grad (most)
  • Job Title: This one I wasn't sure about because I am trying to target all parents
  • Relationship Status: married, engaged, boyfriend girlfriend, divorced
  • Interested In: all (men and women)
  • Language: English
  • Buying Motivation: Wants to take their babies temperature but there baby is hyper so it is hard.
  • Buying Concerns: does the product work and is it inexpensive for the consumer.

My advertisement is sending people to the homepage, I wasn't sure how to apply my 10% off discount while sending them to the right product page. I ran the advertisement for the thermometer since I have those ones in my home and ready to ship. The thermometers have my brand but the rest of the products are from aliexpress and I wasn't sure if they allow me to put my brand on them, but most videos I have seen said they do not. Below is the picture of how I got the discount link.

0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
1067 33 370

Hi @ad_main_deal !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.
  6. Add a favicon
  7. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
  8. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  9. I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  10. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

11. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  12. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
  13. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
  14. For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
ad_main_deal
Excursionist
29 0 3

Thank you Adelia,

I will install growave today, And I will implement a reward like syseem, I was already using something similar to that with SMS bump and Klaviyo But this will make it more prominant. I will add a Favicon sometime today or tomorow, I will add my video to the thermometer product since that was the one I was running advertisements for. I will also implement a SEO thing for all my products as well as add more products to my store. I have finished the description of 10 other products and will be adding them today or tomorow.

I do have a question, wouldn't a facebook buisness account count as a blog? or would I have to create something completly different for the blog? Also what kind of things do we post about on to the blogs? Is it just product news and new rewards and discounts?

0 Likes
salesflowmktg
Tourist
5 0 2

Hey @ad_main_deal , a couple questions.

1) I'm jumping in a little late here, are you still having issues converting?

2) Has your store been "proven" by already generating sales aside from this promo you're having trouble with?

3) You likely need to pay attention to what part of the checkout funnel people are abandoning to see where the optimization need to be made. A good place to do that is Google Analytics enhanced ecommerce tracking.

Hey, 

I agree with the other posters here to fix some of those issues. But right now we can only point out things we see.

There's a lot of the process we can't see.

My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We also do video replays, so you will be able to collect replay videos of your customers, journey through your website to know who, why, where your customers are dropping off. Time to stop doing guess work.

If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:

• getting you started on tracking data
  • taking a deep dive into your data: look at where your traffic comes from, what they do on site, why they might be dropping off
  • identifying metrics and areas that could cause issues
  • working together to see what we can improve to bring up that conversion rate
  • at the end of the day you know your market the best, but I can help to provide key insights and a second opinion on what could be improved

If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email. 

If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.

Cheers

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.