Need feedback for my store

Osman95
2 0 1

Hi guys,I recently opened a shopify store .Please share your thoughts about the website design and stuff, tell me the positive/negative points that you notice when visiting the store and if i need to do any changes, Your Feedback will be very useful, looking forward to reading it. Thanks.

https://beautify99.myshopify.com/

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1050 142 343

Hey @Osman95,

Congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.

screencapture-beautify99-myshopify-2021-06-14-08_26_35.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
I'd recommend adding in a homepage banner. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. Your current logo is nice, but you will notice that the text is very small because of the decoration around it. Currently, it's the decoration around your logo that is the most visible when it should be your brand name. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

PRODUCT ORGANIZATION
I’d recommend organizing your products into collections so that your customers can find what they are looking for. Here is a video showing you how to create collections:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
I’d recommend working on your product descriptions. There are things you can add in and change in order to increase conversions. We did a video all about this which you can watch here:

PRODUCTS

As you know, makeup, lashes and beauty tools can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a pair of lashes or a beauty blender in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move onto different products. What we recommend is selling winning products. A winning product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend 3x what it costs you for the product.

We did a video that explains how and where to find winning products that you can watch here:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try (one of the methods we recommend for finding winning products), here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp

Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We regularly post a selection of winning products on our YouTube channel, here is our latest one:

If you’d like to see more, consider subscribing.

I think you’d benefit from our free guide “5 Step Fix for High Traffic & No Sales”. In the guide we give tips for a profitable ad strategy, tell you how to generate free traffic, share design tricks to transform your Shopify store into a professional, trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and how/where to find winning products. You can download the free guide here. I’d also like to invite you to join our private Facebook group. We share winning products, dropshipping tips and you can interact with other members of the dropshipping community. Click here to join.

If you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
310 61 188

Hey there, @Osman95!  

Before we go into your site, we have to talk about your newsletter pop-up. I like that you have included a discount (10% off), though I wouldn’t worry about adding “first purchase” until you start to see sales pick up. Don’t give them a reason to NOT want to buy from you. Instead, I would do two things:

1. Change it from “your first purchase” to “your purchase”
  2. Sell your newsletter more. Turn this into a community that shares beauty tips rather than just a newsletter. 

The biggest red flag here is your confirm shaming. This was done when you write, “No thanks, I don’t like discounts” for your pop-up. I could write a book about confirm shaming, but to sum it up - don’t do it. A simple, “No, thanks!” would be more appropriate.

LuckyDanny_0-1623697579891.png

Also - the trigger for it is set way too high. It showed on every single page for me, even after I clicked no to exit out. If I were a visitor, I would be frustrated quickly by it. 

Now let’s talk about your store.

Think about collections rather than products
A big issue I’m seeing is that when someone lands on your store, it acts like a one-product store. I’ll go into strategies in a bit, but part of the issue is that your collections aren’t grouped. You need to make it easy for people to find the products they are interested in.

If you aren’t sure which collections your visitors are interested in, run a poll/survey. Ask, “What products are you more interested in buying,” with options for makeup, accessories, etc. 

Optimize your homepage for easier navigation
Your homepage is what will likely be your visitor’s first impression of your website unless you had a paid campaign that directs to a specific product page. Instead of treating it like that, reformat and organize the page.

• Add one, singular hero image with a strong CTA button. 
  • Feature your collections rather than the products themselves
  • Remove features that don’t add value to someone’s purchase, such as “Providing you with Best Quality Beauty Products at an Affordable Price.” Someone is not going to shop at your store because you have that tagline. Instead, show them. Add in your Instagram feed or testimonials. Go further

As you evaluate the homepage, use heatmaps to see where people or how they scroll. You want to see exactly what information is being seen and what is being clicked.

Redesign your header
While I like the black header, it doesn’t do enough to stand out where necessary. For example, the rotating announcements aren’t effective. Instead, I would use a traditional announcement bar in a different brand color (maybe hot pink?) and LINK your “Free shipping on orders about $15.”

Right now, it feels really heavy and clunky. Instead of trying to cram so much information into a small space, I would move the social media feed and “Get in touch with us” from the header. I would also expand the main navigation to include: Home | Shop All | Makeup | Tools. It keeps it simple but lets you expand and assist your visitors in finding products.

I would suggest watching session recordings, which capture everything someone did while on your site, to better understand what they do. 

Watch your grammar
There are several moments where I see that there’s a language barrier. For example, 15 $. In other instances, it’s just going to need editing. Your About Us page is one that could use some attention.

Comb through your policy pages
In most cases, they need formatting/grammar editing. In addition to that:

•  Find different ways to display the information. Your FAQ, while extensive, isn’t necessary. For example, your shipping policy is more of a contract than information. Instead of using a Shipping Policy, try Shipping & Delivery to generalize it. Don’t scare people away.
  • Don’t leave information to checkout. Things like shipping costs are a top reason why people leave your site before converting.
  • Link your email addresses!

Engage with customers
Again, your contact us page needs to be updated with editing and formatting. I would also highly recommend adding a simple away form (name, email address and message) AND incorporating live chat. Live chat lets you keep your visitors on your site while you answer their questions. Fix your product pages

If nothing else, your product pages are a huge red flag to your visitors. For example, the reviews all scream FAKE - it’s just a rating rather than reviews. Even then, it’s things like “L***n” or ‘Shopper.” Using names like “Jordan M.” or “Justin T.” would add more trust in it. Also, they were all added on the same day. It’s another red flag - you can’t load all of these drop-shipping reviews and not expect visitors to question it. 

• Fix your color options. All are showing white. 
  • Remove the stock quantities
  • Change your Add to Cart button to something brighter. The white on gray doesn’t stand out. 
  • Add medical information or tips if necessary. On the colored contact lenses, for example, I would have expected more of a warning on how to use them safely and what steps you can take to make them last longer. 
  • Be consistent. Some of your products have no descriptions.
  • Remove the tag and catalog information. Things like “bestseller” don’t help visitors make their purchase decision. 
  • I would do A/B test by removing the *# visitors are browsing our store” and “Buy now to receive in 20-40 days.” See if that does more harm than good. 

Other quick fixes: 

• Pause your verified purchase pop-up. I get the reason behind it, but it’s more distracting now than helpful. Once your sales pick up, resume it. 
  • Make the jump to a domain email address. Your gmail email address looks unprofessional where as hello@beautify99.com brings it up. 
  • Reload your favicon. It shows only as an empty space in the tab. 
  • Add filters for things like price or color to your collection pages

The good news is that you’re on the right track. Use that visitor behavior to drive your changes and find out what’s missing from your store.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Hi @Osman95

I'm Richard - CRO expert at PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

Hope that you're doing well. 

Nice to know that you have just been running your online store Beautify99 with Shopify.

I’ve just taken a look at your site. Your store has many good points: 

• The store layout is simple and easy to navigate. 
  • Have a search field on  the top right side of the homepage
  • Have Direct Links to “Return Policy” and “Delivery Info” in the Footer. 
  • The List View in Collection Page offers more visual information for your customers

However, I have some feedbacks for your better store as hereby: 

1. You should create one unique and eye-catching homepage to inspire purchases.

I see that your Homepage just lists your products. As you know, homepage is very important to catch the user's attention from the very first sight. And this single page is responsible for building trust, driving sales, and creating lifelong customers. Here are some suggestions for you to improve your homepage as hereby: 

• Display Your Unique Value Proposition: Your UVP tells customers why they should buy from you over the million other stores out there. Some questions you should consider as Does your product solve a unique problem? Do you offer better service or quality, perhaps? What benefits can’t be found anywhere else? 
  • Make Your Search Bar Stand Out: it’s difficult to see the search field right away on your homepage: the use of only an icon, its size, and nearby competing elements all impact the field’s visibility.

For reference, you can check out this article HERE

2. Product Description: 

Your product description is so simple so that it’s not stand out enough.  

RichardNguyen_0-1623735540139.png

The layout should justify 2 sides so it does not leave a large blank on your site. Providing detailed information as much as possible so that you can gain trust from your users. Some sections you should add such as full descriptions to provide overview information of your products, ingredients, and plus benefits to your customers as well. 

3. User testing and user testimonials

It’s good to include this section on your site. But you can make it better by adding both the User Rating Average and Number of Ratings. Many users rely on ratings and reviews to select products but the star average by itself provides insufficient information. 

For reference, you can see that image below: 

RichardNguyen_1-1623735540137.png

So, that’s all my feedbacks for your online store. Hope you will do it well. 

After having a good look for your store, you must consider to the Conversion rate that drives more sales. Some best practice you should try are image optimization, video optimization, and many more tips you can learn from HERE

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Happy selling, 

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

HI @Osman95 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

->Below the add to cart ,add "Buy now"  button . Buy now will  helps the customer to directly redirect to buying option. 

->Add Product description below add to cart in product page.

->I can also suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

->Testimonials at bottom of home page to showcase your store’s happy customers ,which will give positive impression about the store .You can make a great impression on your customers by
displaying testimonials. When good reviews are shown, your audiences will likely stay longer and take action. You can add them below your product on your home page.

->Add Blog page, You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility. 

->You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.

I would  wish that you will take this suggestions into consideration to increase traffic into your store.  I suggest our app Tuecus-Customer Account Page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.

If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know! 

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4017 240 732

Hello @Osman95This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here is the feedback on your store:

- Call to action button should be clearly visible. Use colors like orange, pink, green, blue for the call to action button.

AiTrillion_0-1623752369604.png

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Product page looks good, you need to improve the review part. Create a slider for reviews. Currently, it looks unorganized and cluttered.

AiTrillion_1-1623753076297.png

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

To implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. This will help you to maximize engagement in your store and drive conversions. Bring all your marketing efforts to one place and don't bear the hassle of managing multiple apps in your Shopify store.

P.S- Free plan available, install AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4017 240 732

Hey @Osman95

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the all-in-one marketing app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help or you can email our support at support@aitrillion.com

P.S- Free plan available, install AiTrillion for free here.

Reply Awaited!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes