New site - need feedback

Designerdecor
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi guys,

i have recently published my website selling home decor products/items. I am noticing alot of abandoned carts. I am also getting a minimum of 100 sessions per day. I would like to see these sessions become sales.

i have been marketing on google, instagram and facebook.

Www.designerdecor.com.au

any feedback would be appreciated

thanks,

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2877 180 493

Dear @Designerdecor 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Use Voila Shopify app  adds a highly efficient cart feature proven to reduce cart abandonment and boost sales. (Show multiple Discount coupon code on cart page )
  • Do remarketing ads for website traffic
  • Improve store speed for mobile

designspeed.png 

• Improve ON PAGE SEO
  • Add favicon
  • Have a clear header bar to help users locate the products they're looking for. Example of Good Header
  • Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action

designcta.png

• At footer:

designfooter.png

• Collection page layout needs to improve

• Product page layout needs to improve

• There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. We suggest you install a Free app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes it easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
0 Likes

Hi @Designerdecor,

This is PageFly - #1 Shopify Landing Page Builder. Nice to be here to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 100.000 active Shopify merchants. 

You can also refer to this article to get more tips to personalize your e-commerce store. Or this guide to know how to optimize conversion rate for your store. Seeing your visitors begin the checkout process then quit? Check this guide to get actionable tips to recover abandoned cart.

Now let's take a look at your store. I want to give you some comments on your homepage. Because you know, homepage is the most important page to drive your customers' attraction in your store. No matter what the demand is, people are more likely to start their journey from a homepage.

Before that, I advice you to add a favicon icon to your store. Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this Shopify article to know how to add it.

1. Hero banner

It's great that you show your store promotion right on the hero banner. It helps draw customers' attention. However, it's hard to see now because it blends with the background image. You can consider adding a transparent color background to the content so make it more prominent.

2. Add a secondary hover image to each collection image

Adding a secondary image on each collection image will help customers be able to see more products in a specific collection. This partly helps increase the conversion rate.

3. Put your products in a scale

It can’t be denied that customers easily have an overview of products when shopping in physical stores, therefore, when they are shopping online, we need to make them feel the same. This is the reason why providing images from different angles and in-scales is very important. Because if your store doesn’t show off enough images for customers to illustrate, they will be hesitant to take action.

4. Add reviews/ testimonials

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. You can check this guide to know more about its benefits and how to make it effective.

You can use third-party reviews apps such as: Loox, Yotpo, or Judge.me, etc. PageFly integrates with these apps. Check the best review apps you should try here

5. Add social media

RichardNguyen_1-1627895982337.png

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly update the feed.

You can consider using PageFly to do more customization to your page. This app helps you easily customize your Shopify pages and make it more attractive.

If you find my comment useful, you can give it a like. Have a great day!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Growave
Shopify Partner
1067 33 370

Hi @Designerdecor 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store. In general, your store looks good, however, I would recommend you implement several features and start using some e-commerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Add Blog Page

Since your store has been launched recently, the blog will make your shop more credible and relatable. It helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility. Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases. Also, constantly adding new content to your blog will positively impact to SEO. 

• Add Wishlist

Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. This is a non-obvious feature that extremely scales your purchases. Since you offer various designs and color options, I recommend adding a Wishlist to improve the user experience. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. Moreover, you can analyze the data to see what items people save for later and what items they actually buy.

PODUSH.png

• Rewards and Loyalty program

I strongly recommend you implementing the Rewards and Loyalty system since it motivates shoppers to engage more meaningfully with your brand. Reward program allows to strengthen the customer relationship, increase repeat purchases, turn your customers into loyal advocates, and treat the most loyal customers with the VIP treatments. In general, all those actions are designed to drive high-value purchasing behaviors. Motivate customers to purchase by using the loyalty points program. You can set up a variety of discounts and let your customers spend their collected points more actively with cool rewards like 

• Reward for leaving reviews, social following, and social sharing

• Reward shoppers for every dollar they spend

• Birthday gifts for shoppers special day

One of the most useful features of the Rewards and Loyalty program is the Referral program. 

• Add referral program

Once you got your first clients, try to attract more orders through existing ones. Therefore, I recommend using a referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, Shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
CutOutWiz
Navigator
329 25 120

Hello @Designerdecor 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product.  However, it is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes