New to dropshipping, can you critique my website?

AdamS11
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey everyone, I am new to the dropshipping game, I literally just started 2 days ago. I am seemingly getting a few store visitors a day but nobody is checking out yet, which I honestly expect since I just started. I would like for anyone who’s been in this business long enough to point out my flaws of my website or maybe even my product?! Constructive Criticism is what I am on here for, So please if you could point out my Pros and Cons! Thank you.

Replies 4 (4)

Click-Ecommerce
Shopify Partner
112 15 12

Hi @AdamS11, how are you?

Can you add the URL to your store to check it. 

I bring you a blog explaining everything that you need to know about Dropshipping.

Do not hesitate to contact us to help you. 

Kind regards!

Grow your business with us!
https://click-ecommerce.com/
Whatsapp: +353864590252
Appoitment: https://calendar.app.google/Zb3EAZorqTyFdPV36

ZenoPageBuilder
Shopify Partner
1052 203 217

It is absolutely normal to have a few store visitors without any checkouts. You should try running some ads to get more visits.

Zeno Page Builder - Build responsive & SEO-optimized Landing pages, Blog posts, Product pages and more...
Learn more at zenobuilder.com

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
425 72 126

Hi @AdamS11 ,

I'm Garcia from PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder App. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

1. Change hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. 

PageFlyGarcia_0-1697701500726.png

Unfortunately, the current banner cannot describe exactly what you are selling that might result in a high bounce rate.

For the second banner, it’s on point. However, the design of it with many details put in different positions seems to be a mess. 

PageFlyGarcia_1-1697701501264.png

To fix this, please keep it simple with the background of shirts only.

In short, I would like to recommend you change both banners in the slideshow and make it autoplay.

2. Have hover product image

Presenting secondary image for each product in a product list reduces the time users dedicate to irrelevant products and increases their engagement with relevant ones. 

PageFlyGarcia_2-1697701500563.png

3. Use color swatch 

Product color swatches enhance conversion rate by reducing the number of clicks for customers to find the product they want. The shorter and easier a customer's path to the desired product is, the more likely they will make a purchase.

PageFlyGarcia_3-1697701500353.png

4. Make sure the styling consistent

It’s great when you have a section to showcase product details with a prompt CTA button. A CTA button here will urge visitors to make the purchase and it is a great way to optimize your home page. But please rest assured that all CTA buttons should have the same styling to boost the conversion rate.
My screenshot below is one example: The button text’s styling seems to be different, one button has the first letter of every text capitalized, while the other does not.

PageFlyGarcia_4-1697701500191.png

5. Name the section

The section I captured below displays trust badges of your brand, but there is no title so I’m not aware of it. Provided that you assign a name to this section, such as "Why choose us?," it will likely attract more attention to these values.

PageFlyGarcia_5-1697701499993.png

6. Have a newsletter form

Having a newsletter on your site, customers can subscribe to their emails to receive product information, any sales campaign, etc from your store. 

7. Get ready for the sale season

As the holiday season approaches, and with many businesses already gearing up for festivities like Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) and Halloween, your products align seamlessly with this festive period. I strongly encourage you to implement these suggestions to maximize your success during these celebrations:

• Holiday gift wrapping option: Offer a gift-wrapping service during checkout to make it convenient for customers who are purchasing gifts for others.
  • Festive website design: Update your website with a festive theme that reflects the holiday spirit. Add seasonal graphics, banners, and colors to create an inviting and celebratory atmosphere for visitors.
  • Holiday specials and offers: Offer exclusive holiday promotions, discounts, or special deals to entice customers. Highlight these offers prominently on your website to catch the attention of potential buyers.

PageFlyGarcia_6-1697701500274.png

And that's my feedback! Hope it helps you boost the conversion rate.

Cheers!

Garcia | PageFly Team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi there @AdamS11!

I'd like to share some info specific to dropshipping you might find helpful, as well as general info it's good for new store owners to be aware of.

First of all check out our Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping as it's a great introduction to this fulfilment model.

You may want to consider occupying a specific product niche for dropshipping, as that can help you to target a specific customer base. 

For general business purposes, your first task as a new store owner is to drive traffic to your new store.

When your traffic is at a high-enough level, you can then look into how you can work on conversion rate optimisation to get more of those visitors proceeding to become customers.

If you're happy to share a link to your store with us here, we can take a look at that together!

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog