I’ve launched my store, and I’m running Facebook ads and Instagram ads. People are coming to the store but not buying!
There’s a pop up giving 15% off and also a 25% off sale going on right now.
Can someone please review my store and tell me what I’m doing wrong.
Hello @tammyise, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button)- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Aesthetically your store looks good! You need to increase customer engagement in your store.
- You should add a loyalty program in your store. Many brands have started using the loyalty program to build long term relationships with their customers. To make customers purchase from you again you have to give them rewards and loyalty points. You can give welcome points, on allowing for push notification, on a sign-up, on following or sharing on social media, and many other activities. Engage them with gratification and build relationships with your customers by offering such kinds of rewards. It will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers, reviews, social media presence.
- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
Hi @tammyise ,
Great website. There might be a few reasons for your problem, but one thing I noticed is that you don't have a chat option, which might be a barrier. There are a lot of potential customers who might have questions before actually making a purchase, and this could really help encourage them to ask you and then buy.
Since you're using FB advertising, another thing I really recommend is using an app to track your ad spend. My company develops an app for Shopify called BeProfit, it will help you track and analyze all your most important business metrics, including your Facebook ad spend. I really believe you'll find it valuable. You're welcome to let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.
Anyway, best of luck with your store!
When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). We recently released a 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy video that I'd recommend giving a watch:
On your checkout page, you have phone as a required field. I would change this as it could cost you sales if people don't feel comfortable sharing that information.
When you get to checkout there is no estimated time of delivery, this will cause people to abandon cart.
Also, shipping costs are quite high, this could be because I am located in Canada but if you want to reach a worldwide audience I'd look at perhaps upping the cost of the product for certain countries so that you can lower the shipping costs.
I would include photos of models wearing the products, people want to know what they look like on.
My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words, you have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Thank you so much for your feedback 🙂
I will definitely have a look at revamping the structure of the home page and have a look at that app. Thank you 🙂
Thanks for your feedback!
I work full time, and I have no reception at my work place which is very annoying. So I'm worried about putting a chat function as no one will be able to monitor it during the day. Is it worth it to have a chat function if I only monitor it for a few hours in the evening?
Thanks again for having a look at my site 🙂
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022