Please give feedback on my store to improve

Solved
Vibin_Trendyish
3 0 1

Hello, 

I have started my store a month back - www.trendyish.in . Here is a little history of what happened till now. Initially, I thought jewellery would be a good option and run few ads but later realised that it won't work in the long run as I was sourcing from China. Then I joined an ecom challenge and decided to shift focus to print on demand. Over the past few weeks, I have been working on the pod and launched a special July 4th collection. Sadly the time was wrong as it was close to the 4th of July so didn't get any sales. Now I have introduced Vegan and Inspiration quote t-shirts along with hoodies and mugs. I have spent money on setting up Klavio marketing in the store. Please have a look at my store and give me feedback to improve the store as am working on launch Facebook ads in the next week. 

My Store Link - https://trendyish.in/

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1049 142 342

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Vibin_Trendyish,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

trendy-01.png

POD PRODUCTS
This is something we see very commonly on the forums. People tend to start shops selling Print on demand (POD) designs on hoodies, shirts, tote bags and etc. Print on demand products tend to work well for people with large followings. Ie. popular YouTubers, Instagram influencers, etc. When you don’t have an existing following of die-hard fans that want to wear your merch, it’s a hard sell.
The POD design mistakes we see most commonly are:

1. Designs that are already commonly sold
  2. Brands using their own logo (when no one knows who they are)
  3. Unique designs, however, there is no demand for that type of product (and no one knows about them.)

When you are an unknown brand, it’s really difficult to sell POD products. As you know, shirts, hoodies, tote bags and etc. can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a hoodie or tshirt in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local.In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery. I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store. 

If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move on to a different product. What we recommend is selling winning products. A winning product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend 3x what it costs you for the product.

We did a video that explains how and where to find winning products that you can watch here:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try (one of the methods we recommend for finding winning products), here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp

Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We regularly post a selection of winning products on our YouTube channel, here is our latest one:

If you’d like to see more, consider subscribing.

POD TIP
I'd recommend comparing several POD websites for which offers the best profit margins. You can and may choose to have a different supplier for each product.

When searching, compare Gooten, Printify, Teelaunch and Printful for the best price so that you can offer your audience a great price and still be able to make a decent profit as well.

Printful: https://apps.shopify.com/printful
Printify: https://apps.shopify.com/printify
Gooten: https://apps.shopify.com/gooten
Teelaunch: https://apps.shopify.com/teelaunch-1

HOMEPAGE BANNER
I'd recommend adding in a homepage banner. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
If you are concerned that displaying longer shipping times will turn people off, what I would say is long-term, you want happy customers so it's better to say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is. I’d also recommend taking a look at alternative suppliers. We did a video showing several USA suppliers that can get products to your customers faster:

I think you’d benefit from our free guide “5 Step Fix for High Traffic & No Sales”. In the guide we give tips for a profitable ad strategy, tell you how to generate free traffic, share design tricks to transform your Shopify store into a professional, trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and how/where to find winning products. You can download the free guide here. I’d also like to invite you to join our private Facebook group. We share winning products, dropshipping tips and you can interact with other members of the dropshipping community. Click here to join.

If you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
Vibin_Trendyish
3 0 1

Thank you so much for the feedback. I will definitely look into it