Requesting feedback on my gift store hometree-occult

hometree
1 0 0

Hi people, I'm in the process of launching a cultural gifts store called Hometree Occult Supplies.

www.hometree-occult.store

I've successfully run online stores selling movie merchandise, toys and collectibles, but I'd like to build more of a community with this site where customers can enjoy a more personalized experience that's not just products being commercially churned out.

I'm currently working on product image quality, and fixing missing SEO data.

I've begun limited advertising on google and facebook but both services have had issues with my products because they contain 'misleading claims of mystical powers'. I'm not going to eradicate all religious significance of products rejected based on the biased opinion of company administrators that don't believe in a particular spiritual path. The question remains then, how the heck do I advertise these items without advertising companies and social platforms going apeshxt. Google also has ridiculous demands for product info (tote bags require genders now??), and if these fields aren't completed, my entire feed is rejected without any indication of the steps required to correct it. 

Needless to say, any suggested improvements are very welcome.

0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Navigator
317 25 117

Hello @hometree Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. A good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well. 

Here are some feedbacks you could consider adding: 

• Banner

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page

• Chatbot:

You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• Product Images

Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch. 

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing. Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions. 

• Product Descriptions

People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• About Us

People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you. 

• Newsletter

A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Testimonials

Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4017 240 731

Hello @hometree, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions:

- Give product recommendations on personalizing the shopping experience of the customers. Add trending, new, recently viewed products on the home page. For this, you can also install AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.

- Add announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store. AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars. 

- Showcase reviews on the home page, product page, or you can create an exclusive page of reviews. 

- Add multiple images of the product.

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. 

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes