Shopify is NOT User Friendly

SunshyneRose
1 0 0

I set up a trial store a few months ago but was unable to utilize it due to a family emergency. Now that I try to use the account it keeps taking me to a sign up page. I do not want to sign up for any of the offers yet I do want Shopify Lite. Why is that not an option? Too, why is it not an option to Cancel my account??? Not sure what Shopify is on but I do not like it. This site is not user friendly nor do they give you other ways of contact or to change to Shopify Lite. Glad I ran in to this now and didn't bother wasting my money. 

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2800 365 565

Hi, @SunshyneRose

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble accessing your store and found that our platform wasn't user friendly. I know any new tool can come with it's learning curves and it does sound like there was some confusion on the steps you would have needed to take to gain access to your store. When you start your trial, it will run for a total of 14 days; if a plan has not been selected, and a payment method added, then the account will go into a frozen state once the trial comes to an end. A frozen store is the same as a cancelled store, which is why when you tried to access the account it requested that you select a plan as a plan would be required in order to reactivate a frozen/cancelled store. 

That said, the "Lite" plan does not appear on this screen as the account (by default), comes with the "Online Store" sales channel enabled. It requires that the store owner remove this channel in order for them to transition down to the "Lite" plan for $9 USD. You can remove the "Online Store" sales channel by going to Settings/Sales Channels. If you are still interested in using your account then I'd be happy to verify the store to review whether I can add additional trial time to allow you to determine if Shopify will be the right fit. To verify the store will require that you reply to the email I have sent titled "Shopify Forum Support" with the requested information. 

In terms of contacting our support, you can do so by going to our help centre here. It will require that you enter your question and browse the suggested help documents before you'll see a "contact support" option near the bottom of the page. If you click "contact support" then you'll see the available contact methods such as callbacks, chats, or email. You can also reach out to us via Facebook and Twitter as we have 24/7 support there as well. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes