So I this is my life's dream, to own my own business. At first things were going great, sales were picking up traffic was good. But the money ran out. I own Stand United Survival. Every body in the world has offered help with marketing or whatever, but like you'd expect... they want $10,000 and your soul before they help. This store means a lot to me I'm asking for anyone out there who will genuinely help. Please....
Hello @Hunter_7115, I hope you're doing well!
I looked for Stand United Survival and found a Facebook page which led me to standunitedsurvival.com, I suppose this is your website. I inspected it and found some possible flaws and I think by solving those you might get back on track.
First of your store looks ok, you can improve your store by choosing a better and more engaging theme for your website and also if you want to improve your current design you can start off with the colors and layout of the website, add a logo, a banner image with CTA, in navigation bar instead of all the categories just use one "All Categories" with a drop-down list containing all the categories and add about us, contact us in the navigation bar. Add customer testimonial on the homepage with some featured items also make the homepage more interactive with the Quickview feature. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example.
In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score on WooRank and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, their expert review will be really beneficial for your Shopify store as they point out almost every little detail about your store and how you can fix them to ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. Also, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings.
I hope this helps you achieve your goals.
Good luck with the store.
Have a nice day!
Can you please provide your Store link so that we can take a look at it? Thank you
Fawwaz_K- This is awesome. Thank you so very much for your advice. I'm gonna get to work on this right away. Thank you. Any other advise you may have would be helpful if you think of anything.
Very cool store, I like your products and the niche you've chosen.
Two things that you can do that I think will make all of the difference in your business are: SEO & video. No need to sell your soul or pay $10,000, you can do this on your own.
We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. This comes down to your SEO, you are getting traffic but it's the wrong kind of traffic.
When I take a look at your product SEO, this is what I see and this is how it would show up in search results or social media shares:
When doing your SEO, you will need to make sure that the words you are using in your titles and descriptions are the same words that people trying to find a store or product like yours are typing into Google. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:
My next piece of advice is to use video to market your products. Get on YouTube, do reviews on the products you sell and then include a link to your store where a person can purchase the product you are showing.
Watch this video, it's what I'm recommending you do. This is a plumber who shared the same sentiment as you (people who want $10,000 and your soul) but was able to do it on his own and is now super successful.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:
They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.
Hello @Hunter_7115, I hope you are doing good! Here is the feedback:
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
- The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.
Some essential eCommerce marketing tools that you need to add are:
Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.
We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.
Thanks for sharing the link. I just had a look at your store. I believe that your store needs more work to be more attractive and eye-catchy for the audience. Add a call to action on your homepage and a caption that should communicate the differential advantage/customer value to the visitors.
I would also suggest improving your Font style. It should be more clear, neat, and visible.
Also, I would suggest adding a video on your page to increase exposure. Overall I feel that the store's layout needs some rework. Coming to the lack of conversions issue, I would suggest monitoring your abandoned cart rate and strategize to retarget your lost customers. Retarget them through email, push notifications, and cart reminders. Also, I clicked on your Facebook page icon but it leads to a page not found here.
Once you fix it, try to build a community through Facebook. You can even appear on Facebook LIve and demonstrate your products and offers. Moreover, a presence on Instagram would bring engagement as well. Good Luck
So I am having a lot of trouble with the Page not found when trying to link it to my Facebook page. Also I don't really know too much on how to use Facebook to get my Brand out there and link my Facebook store to group similar to my store. I'm not getting to much traffic. I know my site is a mess, to be totally honest since i've reached out to the community for help all I've got is more confusion and misleading information. But your advice has been clear and solid. Thank you very much. I'm very grateful.
I would certainly like to speak to you more in this regard
Hello @Hunter_7115, can you specify whom are you mentioning?
Hi @Hunter_7115 welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions.
2. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.
3. Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.
------> Reviews: Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.
------>Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase. You can read about it here
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
5. Shopify store owners made sales worth over $2.9 Billion during BFCM 2019. This year according to a Google report, "People will discover and buy online even more" and most of them will shop at local, small businesses. It’s past time to prepare your Shopify store for the biggest shopping weekend in the United States!
Now this year may not be exactly the same. Customer priorities and buying behavior has changed SIGNIFICANTLY this year, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more in our blog here to get a complete rundown of how to Increase Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales with Your Shopify Store Experience.
I hope this helps!
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022