Store Was Getting Consistent Sales Now This Week I Suddenly Stopped Getting Orders

LaaTeeDa
Tourist
4 0 1

My Store LaaTeeDa.com was getting sales trickling in each day and after I ramped up my Facebook ads and other advertising all of the sudden I haven't received an order for days and I am not sure what the problem could be?

Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 7.12.01 AM.png

Jerrytee
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello

How are you doing??

According to the problem you're facing on your store with sales cease, I will like to ask you some questions and these questions will bring about solution to your store:

Firstly, what type of Marketing have you been running in the store??

Secondly, do you continue with the marketing process or you take a break on it?

Let me know about these and I'll let you know the right step to take.

Best regards

0 Likes
LaaTeeDa
Tourist
4 0 1

I actually ramped up my marketing efforts this week and activated some new Facebook ads.   I did not scale back on any efforts as far as digital marketing goes which is why this is so strange.

I had a meeting with our Facebook marketing rep and made some changes on Tuesday based on their recommendations.

Now maybe my new campaigns this week will take a few days to start performing?   I am not sure.   Attach is my ad account performance over the last 7 days.

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 9.03.00 AM.png

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1049 142 342

Hey @LaaTeeDa,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

laateeda-01.png

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information. 

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

LOCAL SALES
With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store.

Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your products. You could either make them tutorials, teaching others about golf or how to put golf outfits together or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be tips and tricks, something about you personally or etc.  You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. I see you are doing some short videos on IG which is great! You have a YouTube icon on your store but the link is broken so I'm not sure if you have a channel or not. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook. 

It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Jerrytee
Tourist
8 0 1

As a digital marketer that I am as well, I noticed Facebook ads these days have really deteriorated in it's effectiveness and sometimes you just spend more on it and have no good results from it.

My suggestion for you right now is to venture into Google ads. Google ads is an effective advertisement that will get you consistent sales to your store.

It is more effective than Facebook ads if you can get an expert to do that for you.

Also, I will like to know if you have an affiliate program for your store because if you have this, there won't be need for too much of marketing because the customers will be the one doing the marketing because they will have bonus on every one they refer to your store and that will ginger them up to drive more people to your store.

I will share the sales video of one of my clients with you and the sales was gotten through the Google ads and the affiliate program I setup for him.

0 Likes
LaaTeeDa
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you all for the feedback we are working on some updates to our store and have already seen sales start to come back.  I was just really odd to see a dry spell and we do know we have some work to do to refine our SEO and webpage theme.  I appreciate the time taken to give us some thoughts.

0 Likes
LaaTeeDa
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are working on some updates to our store and have already seen sales start to come back.  I was just really odd to see a dry spell and we do know we have some work to do to refine our SEO and webpage theme.  I appreciate the time taken to give us some thoughts.  We will circle back to this when we have time to take a closer look at ramping up our google ads and to take a look at affiliate marketing.

0 Likes
Jerrytee
Tourist
8 0 1

Alright, you can contact me anytime you're ready for this

Best regards

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4017 240 731

Hey @LaaTeeDa, This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

Add a web push notification- It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

web push.png

Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. 

Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- Why don't you try using Exit-intent pop-up- A good exit-intent pop-up helps to increase retention rate and reduce abandon carts.

If you focus all of your eCommerce efforts on “selling”, you’re going to lose a lot of customers. You need to maximize customer engagement in your store to reduce the bounce rate and build relationships with customers. This will eventually help you with conversions.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes