STORES THAT SCAM PEOPLE

NMlaba
5 0 0

I got scammed by a store here on Spotify called Retail Spree.
After scamming me and I'm sure countless others the owner then went and started a NEW store, again, HERE on Spotify this time called Retail Depot.
I really wish Spotify has a way of preventing such.

It's ridiculous how these EVIL people keep getting a platform to scam people again and again and all Spotify does if you report them is tell you there's nothing they can do.

"A good analogy would be to think of asking the owner of a shopping mall to refund a product bought from a store leasing space within the shopping mall" they said on their email.Good analogy but why allow the same person who has scammed people to keep on scamming them by opening a new store? No mall owner would keep a store they're aware is doing criminal activities or is owned by a criminal. Because ultimately these sick people are blood thirsty criminals. 

0 Likes
Michal17
Shopify Partner
820 73 143

Hi @NMlaba 

Hope you're having a great day!

You should check out how to report an issue with a Merchant.

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

0 Likes
Zimasa
2 0 0

@NMlaba I have just been scammed by this store www.localdepot.co.za operating under shopify I reported but they said there is nothing they can do.

They gave me a reference number for tracking and parcel indicates it arrived in south Africa 2 days back, did you get the same thing?

I haven't been able to get hold of them since 24th July, no answering calls, email or whatsapp. Did you eventually report and get your money back??

I have just reported it to my bank and police and await outcome.

0 Likes
NMlaba
5 0 0

When they were still operating as Retail Spree they did the same thing. I paid for express mail shipping so my parcel was supposed to arrive within 7 days as specified on their website but my parcel however was getting shipped from CHINA and only arrived at the post office (it was supposed to be delivered at my door) after 40 days. When I went to fetch it from the Post Office they told me the details of the owner of the parcel don't match with mine so they can't hand over the parcel to me. Apparently it belonged to a Samkelo Gcabashe, I don't know if he's the owner of these stores or just a customer.

So basically, I was tracking a parcel for 40 days that was not mine. Their Retail Spree website dissappeared and they created a new one called Retail Depot, the pictures are the same.

Honestly, something has to be done about this person.

Can't believe Shopify is STILL letting them operate. 

0 Likes
NMlaba
5 0 0

I did that. Another person got scammed by Retail Depot, are you guys still going to do NOTHING about them? 

0 Likes
Zimasa
2 0 0

@NMlaba sounds exactly like my story, did you report the person to the police and your bank

Most importantly did you get your money back??

I paid a Tyme Bank account.

0 Likes