I have launched my new store selling handmade bags. There are people coming to the store but 0 sales so far! So, far in August I've had about 1200 people come to my site. I know it's not a lot of traffic but I should have made at least 1 sale from this traffic, but i didn't.
Not sure what I am doing wrong. I know the logo needs work. I am working on it but i'd like some help figuring out what could be turning my customer away after coming to my website. Thank you for any help at all. 🙂 https://thehandyhut.com/
Hi @lalidoug !
Welcome to the Shopify community！
I think your site has a nice design but there are a few things that you can consider on adding for instance, Blog page to give customers an idea on when and how they can use the product, etc, the purpose of this is to enhance SEO and drive even more organic traffic. Also you can add a customer testimonial or product review page to increase product reliability and create positive brand image. Furthermore since your product is mainly for females you can also consider affiliate marketing or beauty influence endorsement, this is one of the effective and most frequent use method to create brand exposure. Adding small contents and features like this on your site are actually some important influencing factors that might cause the decision of purchase.
I would like to say the amount of traffic you drove is impressive! As you drive an amount of traffic to your site you should consider to setup your retargeting campaign to convert potential customers to purchase and efficiently boost up sales. Retargeting campaigns allow you to re-engage and remind customer of your brand after leaving your website and offer product and product informations they viewed with different kinds of attractive ad creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. Ako Retargeting is a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. Take a look at how you can set up a 14 days campaign in less than 15 minutes here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/how-to-create-a-sequential-retargeting-campaign-591861d257.
I hope this helps drive more sales. All the best!
Hey there @lalidoug ! Not being able to grab your 1st sale is natural don't worry. Here's what I suggest you do -
1. See to it that all the payment options that you've added are majorly accepted in the target markets that you're eyeing for! Maybe customers are not able to find the payment option that best suits them!?
2. Do you also see abandoned carts? IF yes, then you can reach out to that set of people through emails, and encourage them to resume shopping by giving them a price drop!
3. I see that you have notified that delivery might take up to 3-4 weeks? This might be one of the reasons why customers are not willing to purchase? Maybe you should try and cut down this TAT delivery notice. Shipping and payments are 2 biggest issues due to which customers don't shop from an online store!
I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders and marketing enthusiasts who help eCommerce entrepreneurs with store set-up and customizations!
We'll be happy to assist you with any kind of customization; add-ons or planning our sales/marketing/social media strategy!
As Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey! It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce ecosystem!
Ps. I'm just a message away!
Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! Cheers! .-.
Hi @lalidoug welcome to Shopify family
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share:
1. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
2. Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.
------> Reviews: Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.
------>Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase. You can read about it here
3. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
I hope this helps!
Thank you! I am doing that already. I have connected my facebook and instagram accounts and i run ads on instagram and post it on facebook page as well.
Wow. great insights! Thank you!! This link: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/how-to-create-a-sequential-retargeting-campaign-591861d257. didn't open for me. It says the page is not available.
Thank you for taking the time to write me.
1. I see that Amex, apple pay, google pay, mastercard, visa & I think O pay are available on my store. I feel these are universal payments. Maybe I am wrong?
2. I only had 1 abandoned cart, and i sent an email with 30% off discount specifically to them for the product they were looking at and i did say they have to use it within 24 hours.
3. I feel shipping is just crazy right now in general due to COVID. I have asked my suppliers for a better shipping and they can't give me a better shipping time or estimate because of COVID. I strongly feel that this could be a HUGE TURN OFF to my customers but I just don't know how else to get these products to my customers quickly given what's happening.
Again, thank you for your input and help! I really appreciate it.
1. I only had 1 abandoned cart, and i sent an email with 30% off discount specifically to them for the product they were looking at and i did say they have to use it within 24 hours.
2. I will work getting more reviews to establish trust and trust badges as well.
3. I am not sure how to get better pictures of the products except the ones my supplier has provided as I am dropshipper.
Thanks again for your input and ideas! I am always happy to hear how can I improve.
Hi there! Congratulations on opening the new stores.
As you are targeting visitors internationally, you may consider conducting geo targeting strategies. It's great I notice you have provided multi-currency selector. You may further auto display local currency based on visitors' countries. When currency is changed, it adds a parameter to the URL, for example, myshop.com?cur=USD, or myshop.com?cur=NZD. You can use IP geolocation tools to auto direct visitors to correct URLs. For example, Geo Targetly provides Geo Redirect tool that detects your visitors' locations based on IP and auto direct your visitors. You can set up rules easily for different markets, each with individual URLs. It displays local currency immediately and supports purchase decisions.
Additionally, you can also display location-specific messages/content on your website. For example, at your current announcement bar at the top of your landing page, it shows"XXXX use code SUMMERSALE2020", while for your visitors from New Zealand, it is winter time. You could display customised messages to engage with your visitors according to their locations. Similarly, you can further display location-specific products for precise targeting. Geo Targetly's tool Geo Content can be used to alter and display location-specific texts, images, banners using the built-in HTML editor.
If you are interested about more practices of geo targeting, you may read the post: https://geotargetly.com/blog/benefits-of-using-geolocation-ip-in-e-commerce
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022