What can I do to improve?

Katherine_Ziski
5 0 0

I started my business, Katie's Goddess Line, making all natural wellness products, and I am looking for tips, pointers, and feedback about how to improve the look adn feels of the site as well as site traffic. I am in a niche of organic, earthy, homemade products, but also one that have incredable skin-moisturizing and stress-reducing benefits. Please send lots of constructive feedback!!  www.katiesgoddessline.com

0 Likes
WHGBTom
Excursionist
48 0 4

Hey,

Like your site a lot, I would maybe have a look at the intro picture and maybe make it relate to one of your best sellers or something. Just something a little more relevant to your products as when I first went on your site I wasnt sure what you sold.

Apart from that its great, nice work.

WebHostGB.com
0 Likes
Jade
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
353 0 82

Hi, Katie!

My name is Jade, I am with the Support Team at Shopify! 

I hope you are having a wonderful day! WHGBTom has a good idea of putting a featured product or featured products as part of your slideshow to draw customers in. I have some feedback for you to consider to implement in your store. It's 100% completely your choice what ideas you decide to implement.

1) I personally LOVE handcrafted products and I can see other people liking them too in areas you may have not yet considered. 

- Cratejoy is a website that is like a catalog of subscription box companies. You can find people that send handmade items to their subscribers and reach out to them to see if they would like to send some of your products to their subscribers. They have lots of soap subscription boxes on their website as well. Some boxes have different themes as well. 

- Local manicure parlors in your area. You can ask if they would like to purchase your products to use on their clientele (you may have to make larger quantities and sell at a wholesale price depending on the spas needs). There are also mobile mani/pedi companies that are usually run by 1-2 woman that will go to peoples homes and do manicure and pedicure services. These clients are typically older people that are more housebound. They can also have your products displayed for purchase in their store. Hairdressing places are also good for this as well.

- Fundraisers! Schools, Church groups, Libraries, and other organizations need money from time to time for various projects as well as to continue thriving. In my area, for example, the local schools sell cookie dough and popcorn. You can totally suggest your chocolate mint toothpaste, and if you have any kid friendly bath bombs that would work as well. You can brainstorm and get some more ideas going!

2) Shopify has a Contact Page template that you can put on your website so that customers do not need to copy/paste your email address into their email account to write to you. Here are the steps to add the template to your existing Contact Page. You may need to have a separate contact page that is not part of your About Us, you will be able to get a feel for how it looks.

3) On some of your products, such as your Child Eye Pillows, so that your customers do not have to scroll through each image and try to guess which pattern is what they are selecting, you may want to add text to each image to say that name of the pattern 

4) For your Reviews section on the left side of your homepage has a drop down menu that doesn't need to be there. You can remove the drop down menu by clicking Online Store > Navigation > click the bottom Main Menu option that just says the word Reviews > click Delete Menu (orange button on the bottom of the page).

5) To make your website easier to navigate, you can put some of your products into Collections. Collections are groups that organize your products such as: Bath Bombs, Gift Sets, Pillows, Sale, All Products is also considered a collection. After you make some different collections you can create a drop down menu underneath the word Shoppe in your navigation. Here is a help document that goes into more detail about the types of collections you can make and how to create them.

6) The YouTube video on your FAQ Page can be hyperlinked so that your customer just needs to click on the link to watch the video. To create a hyperlink on the page click Online Store > Pages > click your FAQ Page > find the section that has the YouTube video link > highlight the video URL > on the top of the page where it says Content select the link icon. From here you can fill in the youtube link and select the option for the link to open in a different window.

7) With your niche market, it is a good idea to blog on a regular and consistent basis. This is because your target audience likes natural products and many of them are regularly looking at videos about the environment and natural alternatives to products. Blogging is a great way to connect with potential customers. We have a blog post here about How to Start a Blog that You Can Turn Into A Business. Even though you already have a business, I think this post is very relevant for creating a great blog for your company. I would also extend blogging to video blogging by adding to the already great videos you have on YouTube. You can blog about more than just your business and products, but also ideas that are very important to you as well as lifestyle topics. Some ideas include: Dangers of Floride and Alternatives you can use (great way to plug that toothpaste), microbeads in the ocean, How you get ready in the morning (great way to include products in your video), Healthy recipes, Yoga poses for beginners, Benefits of Shea Butter, Introduce your pets, Alternative uses for empty containers after your customers are done using products that they have purchased from you, and so much more. You can even teach some DIY Beauty recipes. You do not need to reveal your recipe on how to make your products but you can show something similar that your audience may like such as a DIY Facemask using items in the kitchen. 

In your FAQ Page, because you are shipping internationally as well, you may want to let your customers know that your website is listed in USD currency and also let them know the state that you are shipping from. This way they have an idea of how long a shipment can take. You may also want to include how shipping may affect your product depending on the season. Will some of your products become a solid if shipped in winter or too runny during summer? Let your customers know common solutions if you have products that do this.

It was a pleasure viewing your website today. If you have any questions, Shopify Support is here by phone, chat, email, and social media 24/7, you can reach us here.

Best Wishes

0 Likes
Augie_Kennady
Explorer
109 0 29

Hi Katie!

Jade gave you masterful feedback, but I want to piggyback and expand on it a bit, specifically from a "trust" perspective. Having a clearly-personal email address as the contact is actually something of a faux pas, mostly because while you will be relatable on a human level, that doesn't necessarily translate on a business trust level. 

I absolutely lovely your "Contact & About" page. You really tell the story about who you are, and I would be inclined to trust you enough to make a purchase. 

One last (and important thing): I can't recommend enough the importance of having a clearly outlined refund policy, and making that commensurate with shipping expectations. In other words, if I'm buying from you, I want to be able to clearly see your refund policy. I wouldn't put it in the FAQ, either -- I'd give it its own page. 

Good luck out there!!! You've got a great mission. 

0 Likes
Katherine_Ziski
5 0 0

I just added the Refunds & Shipping page- thank you! I am going to work on getting Jade's feedback on my site! Thak you both!

0 Likes
Katherine_Ziski
5 0 0

Thank you so very much! I really appreciate these! I will work on them right away!!

0 Likes
Katherine_Ziski
5 0 0

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the tip!!

0 Likes