What do you think about my eCommerce website ShoppingSouthern.com?

shopsouthern
Visitor
1 0 0

What are everyone's thoughts on my website?

www.ShoppingSouthern.com

Would love to hear some constructive criticism.

Replies 3 (3)

Jon-Joybrella
Shopify Partner
26 2 7

Hey, your shop looks good! I can tell you've put a lot of thought into how your products and copywriting resonate with your target demo. You've also made the brand feel very personal and relatable, which is extremely important. As a small business, you've got to lean into that. Nice job there.

For constructive criticism, I have a couple notes in no particular order:

1. I'd change your headline from "High Quality Clothes at low Prices" to something less forced. Even your "When you shop, shop Southern" slogan below would be better. You could switch them out and remove the current "When you shop, shop Southern" CTA block.

2. Or, better idea, replace the "When you shop, shop Southern" CTA block with the timer that you have at the bottom of the page, because only a tiny fraction of visitors will see it down there.

3. I'd recommend adding a FAQ page. You may not have any actual FAQs yet, but they're great for establishing trust and authority. Discuss your shipping methods, processing times, where you're located, etc. It's another way to make it personal. People like buying from people and supporting small brands.

4. The three columns block at the very bottom of the homepage is also nicely done and could be moved higher. Again, it will only be seen by a tiny fraction of visitors down where it is, and it does a nice job of telling visitors about the brand.

5. On your PDPs, some of your variants act a little weird when I clicked around with them. Might be some image-to-variant mapping issues. Other than that, they look good.

Take care!

Did this help? Please hit it with a Like and ✓ Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

Kitler
Excursionist
15 0 9

Hi-
Your site look nice and cohesive in terms of color and all your pictures being the same size and such.

My only suggestions would be to separate out your plus sizes from your straight sized items into different sections, or find some other way (a tagline at the front of the site?)  to indicate you sell up to a 5X in women's! That's major! I had no idea until I clicked into a couple of products because most of the models are straight size girls and some of the straight looking things go to a 2X.

I know it's hard when you have a product that runs the full range of sizes, but I would have assumed your site was just for smaller women had I just done a hit-and-run on it.
Also, you might consider separating items into departments like tops, dresses & jumpsuits, etc. I don't want to look thru everything if I'm trying to find a specific clothing item. And using just a general search for "dress" is fine, but it also threw in some tops and a tee shirt.

I hope you find some of this useful, if not, that's okay too! LOL! I hope your business is going well.
All the best!

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4226 957 1603

Hi @shopsouthern ,

This is Richard from PageFly - Landing Page Builder. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is quite pretty. I have some suggestions for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Enhance customer experience with a sticky header that allows quick access to navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements as they scroll on your page. This is the fastest and most efficient way for customers to find necessary information when visiting your website.

PageFlyRichard_0-1681090832241.png

2. Add clear and compelling CTAs

CTAs are essential in driving conversions, so make sure that your CTAs are clear, prominent, and compelling. Use action-oriented language and make it clear what the user will get by clicking the CTA. Add a CTA button will help you redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

PageFlyRichard_1-1681090832224.png

3. Add more content to your Homepage

You can add a benefits section in the middle of the homepage, which will give your customers a reason to purchase from you instead of the competition. This helps reduce the bounce rate and increase the likelihood of purchase. Please check out this picture below for more information:

PageFlyRichard_2-1681090831934.png

4. Add Testimonials - Customer Reviews

There are no customer reviews, testimonials or social proof on the homepage. Adding these elements could help build trust with visitors and increase the likelihood of conversions.

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each review and you can also add customers’ photos above their names to enhance trust in what they say, like this:

PageFlyRichard_3-1681090832248.png

Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. You can use third-party reviews apps such as: Loox, Yotpo, or Judge.me, etc. 

5. Always Highlight Core Product and Brand Features

You need to summarize and highlight core product and brand features, including key product details and attributes, free shipping available, and return policy information on your homepage, so that the customers can quickly evaluate not only a site’s product catalog, but also the brand’s policies, value proposition, and trustworthiness, from the homepage.

6. Add a newsletter on your homepage

The newsletter signup form is currently at the bottom of the homepage, which may not be noticeable to visitors. Consider adding an incentive like a discount code or free shipping to encourage visitors to sign up. But kindly drag it out of the footer and place it right on your homepage, I bet you would have more clicks.

You can refer to the picture below:

PageFlyRichard_4-1681090832071.png

Furthermore, you can consider using a page builder app with a Shopify theme made for this niche to enhance your store appearance and increase mobile experience for customers. You can check out the following themes Blum, Sense, Dawn…

PageFlyRichard_5-1681090832206.png

Hope all my suggestions will be helpful to you. Good luck and have a nice day! 

Cheers!

Richard | PageFly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.