Why am I getting traffic but no sales on my ecommerce store?

Jordanz1
Visitor
1 0 0

Am getting  a lot of people on my website but no sales https://jordzelectronics.com could people give me some feedback

Replies 5 (5)

fadi_yousif
Shopify Partner
342 43 66

Too general, it looks like you're just selling random products. Focus on a niche.

permar
Shopify Partner
24 2 3

Hi, @Jordanz1 

I hope you are doing fine. I have helped 100s of e-commerce brands and share my best practices with you:

- Try to add a favicon to your store which helps in differentiate your store from another’s, and will helps in creating a personal brand entity.

- In mobile view add a better image in hero component to make it design-wise beautiful.

- adding social proof (reviews, testimonials, and earned media) can be very helpful

- Showing mood images with faces actually can differentiate yourself from most drop shippers .

- Try using different color codes which makes a healthy contrast between text and background.

- Add a variance of images. Also show mood and model pics there.

- Product descriptions can be heavily improved. Try to sell the benefit not the feature.

- Try to add an FAQ section which ease to solve potential customer doubts.

I hope I was able to help you a little bit. 🙂

I appreciate the effort you’ve put into your business. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need further clarification on any of the points mentioned.

All the best,

Matthias from Permar

Get Permar AI  | Helping Shopify merchants grow with high-converting online stores!
  • - Do you want to higher conversion rates? Create your optimised landing pages with Permar
  • - Do you want to know how to improve your store? Then do an AI Audit
  • - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution .

biznazz101
Shopify Partner
494 48 88

This may not be super helpful but at first glance:

-The logo/name "Electronics Store" is VERY generic and as a buyer personally I would be somewhat suspicious of the website just based off that.

-Like another user commented your products are kind of all over in terms of category. For example this section seems more like personal health & hygeine products rather than what most people would think of:

biznazz101_0-1700640857164.png

Then just below there are these categories:

biznazz101_1-1700640936313.png

You want to focus on a small group of core products within one niche or industry until your store grows. It will improve your stores exposure in search engines and build credibility for your brand in terms of that category of product. More products doesn't necessarily equal more opportunities for a sale.

-This banner is missing the image, which will have a negative effect on customer experience

biznazz101_2-1700641234025.png

-Add an "About Us" page or section describing your brand and why customers should shop in your store VS the many other electronics stores.

I hope that is helpful going forward!
@biznazz101 

Don't hesitate to reach out for more help with your store.
SEE OUR TASK STORE or check us out via our profile! FREE STORE AUDIT

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
433 72 127

Hi @Jordanz1 

I'm Garcia from PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder App. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

1. Have a favicon for your store

Whether you're putting the final touches on your online store or it's already up and running, don't overlook the significance of adding a favicon! It's a small yet crucial detail that can enhance your website's appearance and reinforce your brand.

PageFlyGarcia_0-1700645276630.png

By including a favicon on your website, you can effectively communicate to your potential customers that they have arrived at your company's page.

You can check this Shopify guide on how to add a favicon - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/images/add-favicon

2. Add hover effect to CTA button

You’ve done an excellent job when you place a “Shop now” button here as the CTA button here will urge visitors to make the purchase.

I would like to recommend you add a hover state to the button to make it more eye catching. And please make sure that all CTA buttons on your page have a consistent styling to boost the conversion rate. 

PageFlyGarcia_1-1700645277186.png

3. Use color swatch

Product color swatches enhance conversion rate by reducing the number of clicks for customers to find the product they want. The shorter and easier a customer's path to the desired product is, the more likely they will make a purchase.

PageFlyGarcia_2-1700645277321.png

You might also want to try a page builder app to customize this kind of sections and make it more user friendly.

4. Add more sections

• Brand story: A business can stand out with its brand story. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more attractive.
  • Testimonial - customer reviews: This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos

PageFlyGarcia_3-1700645277409.png

5. Recheck the footer

There is a Tiktok icon out of nowhere that I think you should recheck 

PageFlyGarcia_4-1700645276784.png

6. Promote in holiday season

As the holiday season approaches, and with many businesses already gearing up for festivities like Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM), let's take a look at these expert insights to further enhance your holiday preparations. 

• BFCM Flash Sales (Black Friday - Cyber Monday): Offer time-limited flash sales on select products to create a sense of urgency. Utilize countdown timers and eye-catching banners to draw attention.
  • Bundle Deals & Mix-and-Match Offers: Create special bundles of complementary products at discounted prices to increase average order value.
  • Engage on Social Media: Post daily updates showcasing different products, sharing customer testimonials, and featuring behind-the-scenes content.

PageFlyGarcia_5-1700645277437.png

And that's my feedback! Hope it helps you boost the conversion rate.

Cheers!

Garcia | PageFly Team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Gojiberry-Amee
Shopify Partner
180 12 48

Hi Jordanz1, 

This is Amee from Gojiberry - Shopify Survey & Feedback App

I took a look at your store and have a few suggestions that will help increase conversion rate: 

1. Testimonials. Showcasing a few testimonials on your home page -- whether from online customers or family/friends, helps promote more consumer trust and confidence. 
2. Fix your category. When I click on your categories, I still see all the products all at once. Please make sure the category filter works. 
3. Specialize & add a more personal touch. For now, your store seems to have all kinds of electronics and it feels like a generic drop shipping store. It would be good to think about what makes your customer interested in your store. Why is your store special? Storytelling or some personal touch would help. Also if you already have an Instagram presence (testing products, having customers post about your product) then it would be good to include it on your home page too. 
4.  Adding a blog. One way to improve SEO and gather the right audience is to add a blog. You can provide helpful info such as comparing products, or tips on how to use some of the products. 
5. Ask your customers! (Most effective for increasing conversion) When you have some sales, make sure to ask where your converting customers are coming from. You can easily do so with a post-purchase survey app, and reward your customers with coupons/points to keep them returning. Once you find out your strongest marketing channel, focus more effort and money on that. 

Hope this helps! 

Amee | Gojiberry Team 

If you like my suggestion please give it a LIKE or mark it as a solution! ★★★★★

Gojiberry - Best post-purchase survey and feedback app for Shopify | Install on App Store for free
Shopify Community is helpful, BUT... why not start asking your customers for feedback instead?

The Ultimate 12 Best Practices to Growing Your Shopify Store