Why am I getting traffic but no sales on my online store?

Lazykitchen
Visitor
2 0 2

I’ve been running my store for a week to so and had just under 1k visitors but no sales. I’m running paid Facebook ads and everything. Also my shopify says on average they spend less than 20 seconds on my store front before leaving. What am I doing wrong? Here’s the link any help is greatly appreciated. Lazykitchen.store

Replies 3 (3)

PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
1077 323 316

Hi @Lazykitchen ,

This is Kate from PageFly - Shopify Landing Page Builder App:

I understand that experiencing low sales can be frustrating. I want to assure you that we are here to help you through this issue. I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

1. Reduce the height of the header

As I take the screenshot of the above-the-fold area, the header already accounts for half of the section. My suggestion is that you could reduce the height of the section so that the hero banner could show fully without the need to scroll down.

In fact, customers would only spend 5 seconds looking at the page to decide if they wanted to stay or not. Therefore, the first impression is highly important; merchants should understand the core message of your hero banner at a glance without being cut out like in the attached image.

PageFlyKate_0-1689735892783.png

2. Add more sections to the Home Page

There are some sections that you could add to your Homepage to make it more attractive:

• Featured Collections

PageFlyKate_1-1689735892778.png

• “Hot-Sellers” Section

PageFlyKate_2-1689735892055.png

• “Feature-callouts” Section 

PageFlyKate_3-1689735891707.png

You could use these sections for

• Highlight popular or seasonal products.
  • Promote new arrivals.
  • Showcase discounts and promotions.
  • Provide visual appeal.
  • Simplify product discovery.
  • Increase conversion rates.

In short, adding more sections will help you attract customer’s attention, engage customers, and drive sales.

3. Add a cross-selling section:

Cross-selling is advantageous for a variety of reasons:

• There is no effect on the original purchase. Cross-selling after purchase allows customers to add more items to their cart without jeopardizing their original order's conversion. There is no interruption to the customer's original sales funnel
  • The conversion rate has improved. Because buyers don't have to enter their payment information again, one-click post-purchase upsells convert better.

PageFlyKate_4-1689735891721.png

4. Images speak louder than words

Images allow merchants to tell a visual story about their brand, products, or services. They can evoke emotions, showcase the lifestyle associated with the offering, or highlight the brand's values and mission. This helps create a stronger connection with the audience and differentiates the merchant from competitors.

My suggestion is you could add 1-2 pictures here so that they can enhance visual engagement, improve communication, and optimize user experience.

PageFlyKate_5-1689735892099.png

I hope this will be helpful for you.
Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

Kate| PageFly team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Lazykitchen
Visitor
2 0 2

Perfect thank you this does help a lot. I’m going to implement all of this to my store. I think for some reason I literally haven’t got a single person to even add to cart to maybe it’s a conversion issue. 

PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
1077 323 316

Great @Lazykitchen! I'm so glad to hear that my suggestion can be your solution. 😊

Let's try to improve it step by step to get a better conversion rate. Please share with me if it works, it will make my day.
Cheers!

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.