Why am I getting web traffic but no sales on my online store?

Payolie
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm able to get traffic onto my website but I haven't made a sell yet. I'm not sure if i'm missing something or i need to change up my design or product. Please help me 😞 my website is www.payolie.store

Replies 3 (3)

MooseDesk
Shopify Partner
157 24 56

Hi @Payolie,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. This is MooseDesk - Customer Support Helpdesk/FAQ App

Congrats on your new store! Your store looks stunning. I can tell you have put a lot of effort into building this. However, I have some comments to make the good get even better. Here are some of my recommendations for better customer experience, please kindly check.

1. Homepage

1.1. Include a hero banner

Adding a hero banner will instantly capture your visitors' attention, offering a visually compelling introduction to your brand and products, setting the tone for their browsing experience. Make sure that when users see your hero banner, they can immediately understand what you are selling and feel compelled to stay on your website to explore further.  

Here is an example for you: 

MooseDesk_0-1713940924598.png

1.2. Move the collections section below the hero banner

Placing the collections section immediately after the hero banner will provide users with a quick overview of your product line, enabling them to easily explore and find items that interest them.

1.3. Keep the popular items section updated

Featuring popular items helps users discover your best-selling products, facilitating quicker decision-making. And since you already have this section, which is great, remember to update it regularly to ensure a fresh browsing experience and encourage repeat visits.

1.4. Add an About Us section

Incorporating an 'About Us' section on the homepage can quickly build trust and rapport with your customers, offering insights into your brand story and values directly from the homepage, fostering personal connections. You can provide a general overview of your store on the homepage and then direct them to your About Us page to read more details about your company. 

1.5. Include a Reviews/Testimonials section

Consider adding a Reviews/Testimonials section to your website. Positive feedback enhances credibility and boosts confidence, positively impacting potential buyers' purchasing decisions. 

You can follow this example: 

MooseDesk_1-1713941926004.png

1.6. Consider eliminating redundant sections:

Streamlining your website by removing redundant sections enhances user navigation and clarity, leading to a more seamless and enjoyable shopping experience.

Consider removing these two sections: 

Firstly, having this section on the homepage is not only redundant but also negatively affects the customer experience on your website, as the homepage is not where users typically make purchases. They typically do so on the product page.  

MooseDesk_2-1713942053352.png

Secondly, you should consider either removing this section or giving it another name to clarify its purpose. For instance, you could change it to "Recommended by Us" to convey to users that all products in this section are ones you recommend to your customers. 

MooseDesk_3-1713942241097.png

2. Organize collection pages into sections

Segmenting product lines into sections (e.g., shirts, hats) simplifies navigation, allowing users to find what they're looking for more efficiently without feeling overwhelmed by scrolling through numerous products.

MooseDesk_4-1713942503341.png

3. Product Page

3.1. Provide detailed product images

Consider adding clear, comprehensive product images from multiple angles, along with close-up shots of materials and product details. This will help users make informed purchasing decisions, minimizing uncertainties about product appearance and quality. Remember to make changes with all of your products to maintain formatting consistency.

3.2. Divide product descriptions into sections

Breaking down product descriptions into sections enhances readability, allowing users to easily digest the information without having to scroll extensively.

MooseDesk_5-1713942782082.png

4. Contact Support System and FAQ Page

You should implement a contact support system to provide users with assistance whenever they encounter issues or have questions. Additionally, having a FAQ page can efficiently address common queries, helping users to find answers quickly and enhancing overall satisfaction with your website. 

To address this, I recommend using MooseDesk, an app for creating unique FAQ pages for your customers. Besides helping you creating your FAQ page, we also provide a helpdesk/ticketing system for your customer support. 

Great news, we also have Contact us template so you can customize your page too!

Since our app is now available for free, all current users will be considered as early-bird users and get to enjoy all our current features for free forever!

As an expert/enthusiast in UX, I recommend implementing these changes to improve customer experience when scrolling through your store.

If this is helpful for you, please let me know by giving me a 'LIKE'. If your question is answered, please mark this as 'SOLUTION’.

Thank you, 

MooseDesk - Customer Support Helpdesk/FAQ app

Get MooseDesk | Customer Support/Ticketing System App for Shopify
- Call me Moosey
- Was Moosey's Reply helpful? Give me a carrot ... I mean 'Like'
- Was your question answered? Mark Moosey's Reply as an Accepted Solution

PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
1123 330 327

Hi @Payolie, I'm Kate from PageFly - Shopify Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store! The website looks clean & modern in general. But from my Conversion Rate Optimization expertise, I would like to give you some advice to make your store more stunning & help you better convert.

1. Homepage

• Add “Explore more” button to your first showcase

Consider adding the Explore more button to your Feature products section to allow shoppers to view additional products from your first showcase. This would help reduce bounce rate as they can continue to explore other options to their liking, so increase shoppers' engagement & allow more chances of getting sales.

PageFlyKate_0-1713943198540.png

• Use different styling to highlight the price

Shoppers often visit e-commerce websites with the primary intent of finding and comparing prices. You should use another color or set it with other stylings to make the price information more noticeable

• Add About Us section and Key USPs with icons

We cater to humanistic shoppers, who will seek out who is BEHIND the product, and why they should buy from you. So consider adding an About Us section to introduce your brand.

Also, though your products look unique, you still need to define the USPs that highlight how you differentiate from other competitors. Helpful, easy-to-see, and unique benefits icons quickly introduce your benefits and give a reason to purchase from you instead of the competition.

Reference:

PageFlyKate_1-1713943198620.png

• Add secondary hover on image for your product display

I see you have added a secondary hover on image on your collection page, consider adding it for product display on your homepage as well. Instead of a single static image, it would be better if you can show how your products are on outfit check or unique details/patterns of them, which can increase the likelihood of making a purchase.

2. Collection page

• Add Collection description

Your current collection page has only one title. Consider writing a simple description of the collection to boost conversions

Reference:

PageFlyKate_2-1713943198740.png

• Adjust alignment of product list items

Give more attention to details as it may affect the users’ experience. Fix the alignment of product list now to increase the professionalism & the overall look of the store

PageFlyKate_3-1713943198682.png

3. Product page

• Optimize product description display

Your product description is very lengthy. Consider compressing it into accordions / content tab (collapsible content tabs) as the shipping & return section right below so that your product pages look better-structured & the shoppers' experience is enhanced.

PageFlyKate_4-1713943198300.png

• Use option swatches to display product variants:

Instead of just listing labels of product variants, you can consider using option swatches to showcase different color options of the product. Swatches are intuitive and user-friendly which would enhance the shopper experience.

PageFlyKate_5-1713943198338.png

Reference:

PageFlyKate_6-1713943198579.png

• Include Review/Testimonial section into your product page

I understand your store is new, but just a friendly-reminder, don't forget reviews are essential to the shopping experience. You should add a testimonial section to build trust for your products' quality. If there are not enough rating stars, consider using text & images to showcase feedback of your first orders.

Reference:

PageFlyKate_7-1713943198319.png

That’s all of my feedback. Hope it will increase your website's conversion rate. Feel free to reach me in the reply section if you need further discussions. Wish you luck and endurance on your entrepreneurship journey!

Cheers,

Kate | PageFly Team         

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

SAN_MSWEB
Shopify Expert
1082 130 136

Hello,

I hope you are doing good and welcome to the Shopify Community!

I am San from MS Web Designer

Thank you for sharing your store URL. This allowed me to go through your site.

You have a beautiful website. I believe a few adjustments may be required to make it more professional and appealing to customers.

Here are some recommendations:

Header: 

1. Social media Icon missing.

2.Wishlist missing.

SAN_MSWEB_0-1713949477463.png

You can follow this.

Homepage: (First Impression is the last impression)

The homepage is the first landing page your customers will see after opening the website. Yours is done beautifully. 

1.Home page banners can be more attractive and should include more sliders.

SAN_MSWEB_1-1713949479539.png

2. Add featured products on the home page with an add to cart button to increase average order value.

3. Featured Products / all Title should be Optimized and Seo Friendly

4. Add Meta Description for all Products.

5. Add a Lead magnet section on the Home Page.
6.If Possible, add Instagram feed on the home page.

7.Add customer reviews on the home page to gain the trust of the customer.

SAN_MSWEB_2-1713949477125.png

8.Highlight the USP of your product or service.

Collection and Product Page:
- Add Product Review on Collection Pages
- Add Sticky add to Cart and Buy now Button for quick checkout 

- Add Products Bages like New, 10% Off, You Save 20$ or Free Shipping

SAN_MSWEB_3-1713949478052.png

Conversion Rate Optimization strategies:

-Introduce discount coupons and codes to attract more customers.

- User generated content like verified reviews or Instagram feed to attract the customer.

-Upsell and cross sell at cart pages to increase average order value.

SPEED Optimization:

1.Your site might be in need of Optimization too. As per Google Insights, your site score is 40 which means that attention is required here. A well-optimized site rates 60+ for mobile version, this affects your SEO ranking and decides how many customers/visitors view or find your website as 80% visitors use mobile to place the order. This is especially important if you don't want to invest in advertisements.

SAN_MSWEB_4-1713949478127.png

Speed optimization is required to increase sales and traffic. Also, if your speed is not good, your website ranking will definitely fall. 

I hope this helped!

Please feel free to contact us for any further help that you might require.

Best regards,

San.

If it’s helpful to you, please mark it as a solution.  

Need Help with Shopify Design, Migration, Speed, or Custom tasks?  
email: hi@mswebdesigner.com
Try Our Conversion Booster app to get more sales | Connect Our Founder Linkedin