Solved

Why am I not making any sales on my online store?

Soapywicks
Visitor
2 0 0

I signed up for Shopify and built my store myself and made no sales - I paid for a year... I did not understand SEO, So i switched to Wix, my daughter said it was easier to setup. Well then I took a class at the SBDC in my county and they had me switch back to Shopify.

I am now - 4 months in and still no sales, pretty much no hits. I have setup SEO (i think) and started paying for an app on SEO and am paying for google ads and still nothing. Yesterday I had 14 online sessions all day - www.soapywicks.com I had to have done something wrong in the setup and really cannot afford to pay someone to help me.  I know my pictures are terrible and I am taking new ones, I am just so discouraged because I worked hard to get this far and nothing.

Hopefully I am not breaking the rules by asking this, but I need help!

Accepted Solution (1)

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
432 72 127

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Soapywicks ,

I'm Garcia from PageFly - Landing Page Builder. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

1. Update the content of your announcement bar

On your homepage, you should make your notification bar well-designed and simple with your convincing brand values. This keeps the intrigue high, inspiring them to scroll & learn more about your products.

Here is an example: 

PageFlyGarcia_0-1690172528135.png

2. Remove the unnecessary white spacing

This would make your store outlook more aesthetically pleasing

PageFlyGarcia_1-1690172528208.png

3. Change your hero banner and the content on it

As you are already aware of your image quality issue, I believe that the bounce rate will be decreased by changing this hero banner. Because the hero banner makes the first impression on your visitors when they arrive on your website. 

Also, I believe that you should edit the content to be more engaging instead of just “Welcome” text. It could be “Unique Skin-Friendly Artisan Handmade Soaps” with a “Explore Now” call-to-action button.

PageFlyGarcia_2-1690172528828.png

4. Have a benefit section

Adding a benefit section in the middle of the homepage will give your customers a reason to purchase from you instead of the competition. This helps reduce the bounce rate and increase the likelihood of purchase. Like this:

PageFlyGarcia_3-1690172528210.png

5. Have an About Us section

Crafting a narrative about the soap-making process and your journey into this specialized market will captivate your customers, forging a strong connection with your brand and leaving a lasting impression. Therefore, it's essential to dedicate a section of your homepage to share this compelling story.

Additionally, you should pay more attention to seize every promotional opportunity available from now until the year's end. This presents a significant chance to boost your CRO. If you haven't already prepared for the Back-To-School season, there's no need to fret! Here are some of my recommendations for you:

• Create a Back-To-School collection: By featuring products specifically designed for students, your user segment will be extended. Also, this makes it easier for customers to browse and find what they need.
  • Harness the power of social media: Take advantage of various social media platforms to market your Back-To-School collection and exclusive deals. Interact with your audience by sharing relevant content and collaborating with influencers or communities that cater to students' interests.

PageFlyGarcia_4-1690172528613.png

And that's my feedback! Hope it helps you boost the conversion rate.

Cheers!

Garcia | PageFly Team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
Soapywicks
Visitor
2 0 0
Thank you, I would love for you to elaborate on this, I had an appointment with Pinterest to set up ads and the person at Pinterest never showed up so I’ve been dealing with their support team trying to get a new appointment.
I really appreciate your help

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
432 72 127

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Soapywicks ,

I'm Garcia from PageFly - Landing Page Builder. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

1. Update the content of your announcement bar

On your homepage, you should make your notification bar well-designed and simple with your convincing brand values. This keeps the intrigue high, inspiring them to scroll & learn more about your products.

Here is an example: 

PageFlyGarcia_0-1690172528135.png

2. Remove the unnecessary white spacing

This would make your store outlook more aesthetically pleasing

PageFlyGarcia_1-1690172528208.png

3. Change your hero banner and the content on it

As you are already aware of your image quality issue, I believe that the bounce rate will be decreased by changing this hero banner. Because the hero banner makes the first impression on your visitors when they arrive on your website. 

Also, I believe that you should edit the content to be more engaging instead of just “Welcome” text. It could be “Unique Skin-Friendly Artisan Handmade Soaps” with a “Explore Now” call-to-action button.

PageFlyGarcia_2-1690172528828.png

4. Have a benefit section

Adding a benefit section in the middle of the homepage will give your customers a reason to purchase from you instead of the competition. This helps reduce the bounce rate and increase the likelihood of purchase. Like this:

PageFlyGarcia_3-1690172528210.png

5. Have an About Us section

Crafting a narrative about the soap-making process and your journey into this specialized market will captivate your customers, forging a strong connection with your brand and leaving a lasting impression. Therefore, it's essential to dedicate a section of your homepage to share this compelling story.

Additionally, you should pay more attention to seize every promotional opportunity available from now until the year's end. This presents a significant chance to boost your CRO. If you haven't already prepared for the Back-To-School season, there's no need to fret! Here are some of my recommendations for you:

• Create a Back-To-School collection: By featuring products specifically designed for students, your user segment will be extended. Also, this makes it easier for customers to browse and find what they need.
  • Harness the power of social media: Take advantage of various social media platforms to market your Back-To-School collection and exclusive deals. Interact with your audience by sharing relevant content and collaborating with influencers or communities that cater to students' interests.

PageFlyGarcia_4-1690172528613.png

And that's my feedback! Hope it helps you boost the conversion rate.

Cheers!

Garcia | PageFly Team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.