Why is my add to cart button not working properly?

thesnackman
Visitor
1 0 0

Add to cart not working when I click on it, just gives me a loading screen & a stop sign, how can I fix it?

Replies 2 (2)

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

Glad to help. Could you send the link to your website?

banned

Mac
Shopify Staff
1688 177 278

Hi, @thesnackman!
Thanks for reaching out in our Community Forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to point you in the right direction.

I understand that you are experiencing issues with the "Add to Cart" button on your Shopify store. This can be caused by several factors Firstly, you will want to rule out a local issue that could be present with your device or network. Here are a few troubleshooting steps below: 

• Clear your cache and cookies on your browser. After this, completely reboot the browser.
  • Try a different web browser to rule out any browser issues. 
  • Try another device, like another computer or mobile phone.
  • Try another internet connection.

If this issue still persists, please take a moment to review these questions and respond accordingly:

• Was the button working previously? When did it stop working?

• Have you made any adjustments to your website? Such as edited your theme code or installed/uninstalled any apps?

• Do you mind sharing your website URL?

If you made any changes to your store, I suggest reverting them back to what they were before. If you installed a new app, try uninstalling it and see if that helps. If you made changes to your code, roll back your .liquid files individually to a time and date before you made the changes:

• From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.

• Find the theme you want to edit, and then click Actions > Edit code.

• Click on one of the files under the relevant folder in which you want to undo changes.

• Click Older versions next to the file name

Let me know how it goes!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog