Why isn't my store page displaying correctly on Shopify?

moraniistore
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi PLEASE HELP!!

I have tried to launch my Shopify store but the page I have designed doesn't come up when I click view store. It just shows the basic black screen  

It says that it is not secure. 

Can anyone help please. 

Thanks 

Sam 

Reply 1 (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1862 254 224

Hi @moraniistore,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'd be happy to provide some assistance with this request, to ensure it gets resolved. To gather a bit more information, have you recently purchased a custom domain for the shop? 

If so, was the domain purchased outside of Shopify (i.e a third-party domain)? When connecting a third-party domain to the shop, it's important to ensure that the DNS records are correctly pointing towards Shopify. To learn more about this, you can check out our Connecting Third-Party Domains document as it touches on this further. 

These DNS Records include: 

• Point the A record to the Shopify IP address 23.227.38.65.
  • If necessary, change the Host name to the @ symbol.
  • Delete any other A records on the domain if there are any present.
  • Point the CNAME record with the name www to shops.myshopify.com

I'd encourage you to review those records and make any necessary adjustments. It's important to note that it might take up to 48 hours for your domain to be verified after making any adjustments. After it's verified, your domain is listed in the THIRD-PARTY DOMAINS section of the Domains page with the status Connected.

If however, you have not purchased a custom domain and you theme is not displaying correctly, I'd encourage you to connect with us directly. This will allow for our support team to take a closer look as we don't have access to any account information through the Community. They will be able to ensure your storefront is working as expected.  

The connect with us, you can: 

• Head over to our Help Center.

• Enter into the chat box Contact Support.

• Select one of the available support options.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog