My site is Rhymes With Orange (www.shoprhymeswithorange.com) - a one of a kind way to shop that's kind to the planet. We're a curated, all access pass to your favorite influencers' closets.
I would love feedback on the site!
First off, congratulations on getting started with Shopify! I would be happy to give you some feedback on your store. The first thing that sticks out to me as an important factor to consider is your store design. I recommend checking out our Shopify design articles to get inspiration and ideas on how to build a great looking webpage with Shopify. Homepage Design 101 is a recommended resource to check out!
Specifically, I'd recommend devoting your top menu exclusively to shopping based links. Break out your categories so that your customers can see them all at a glance. Don't just hide everything behind a single 'SHOP' menu item. The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate. You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well. However I have personal experience using Buddha, and I like it a lot!
If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Have seen your store and maybe have some suggestions for you:
Firstly, I'll talk about your homepage.
- At the first glance, I think you're having some problems
+ The announcement bar should have a background color instead of a white background. The texts should be bolded.
+ If you have two messages that you want to show to your customers, you need to use two banners. And of course, the title should look outstanding.
+ The banner photo should be more suitable. It has to describe the products that you want to sell.
+ Remember to add a sticky menu bar.
- You need to have a title here. Like "Our Collections" or "Featured Collections"
- Add Quickview buttons to allow your customers to see more product details faster.
- Add a CTA button for this part.
- Where are your titles? You need to add them on. And the title "Who we are?" should be bolded.
- I've seen your Instagram account and it has much good content, also your product photos. Therefore, I think you can consider having your own Instagram gallery for your store.
Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create one and also make it shoppable.
Secondly, turning to your product pages:
- The description should be more detailed. Like what the dress made from?
- I think you can use some upsell and cross-sell methods to increase your sales because you're having some products that can be fittable together. There're many third-party apps that you can find on the Shopify app store.
Moreover, you can think about using some popups to attract your customers.
By the way, your idea is amazing, so try to keep it up!
Here is my view! Hope this helps!
Hi @shoprhymeswitho !
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Very cool website, I like the concept of shopping an influencer's closet.
I looked at your individual product SEO and it’s currently automatically taking your product descriptions and using that as your SEO. Here is how it currently looks in search:
The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience. We cover Store Products and Meta Descriptions at 1:23 and Product Descriptions at 6:05 but I recommend you watch the whole video as all of it works together to get you the right kind of traffic to your store.
If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
Best of luck!
Thanks so much for the thoughtful feedback! I'm going to look into the wishlist feature.
One question regarding reviews, I definitely understand how valuable they can be for traditional ecommerce. However, I sell one of a kind products (each item is one SKU) so a review would only apply to an item that's sold out. I think in the context of this type of commerce, it might not add that much value. Perhaps testimonials instead? Let me know if this makes sense!
Hey, thank you SO much for this input! I've updated several things that you mentioned. The detailed product description has been a priority for some time and is in the works.
I did have a couple follow up questions if you don't mind
1) you have an arrow from "Shop secondhand from your favorite influencers closets" banner pointed toward the "Fall in Full Swing" header. Can you explain what you were recommending there? Really appreciate it.
2) do you have a preferred solution or app to get quickview buttons? I have a hover feature right now that shows a second image of an item
3) I use the "You might also like" feature to promote upselling, but would you recommend an additional tool?
Absolutely, here is my answers:
1. I mean you need to have 2 banners to show two different messages "Shop secondhand from your favorite influencers closets" and "Fall in Full Swing".
2. Here are some of my app suggestions:
They have a free plan for you to try.
3. Yes, "You might also like" is a good way to upsell. Maybe you can try product bundles or post-purchase upsell.
Two options for you:
Hope this helps!