Geolaction JS for pricing rules

Shields
Visitor
1 0 0

Can anyone help with an example of how using an api like https://ipgeolocation.io/ could be used to retrieve a users continent location and have this effect pricing globally on a store? It would only be used for EU and Non-Eu conditions.

All product prices on the store will be excluding tax, I would like to apply a percentage increase to all display prices pre checkout for EU located customers,  non EU customers would see the price as it is on the Shopify admin (excluding tax). Once the product reaches checkout the checkouts tax calculation can take over, (it will be the same rate) 

I have Shopify's geolocation app installed and it takes care of the currency switching and location detection for that just fine, but I'm not sure if there is maybe an endpoint that can be used from that to help? Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂 I know there are apps that can do location based pricing but it seems to be a large expense and I'd like to have it implemented in the theme itself if possible 

Reply 1 (1)

MichaelGeo
Pathfinder
194 3 17

Hi there! If you want to set price differently among EU and non EU customers, you may potentially use Geo Content tool.

It can detect your visitor's locations by IP and dynamically display location-specific content on webpages based on visitors' locations. Almost any content could be altered as location-specific. The inbuilt HTML editor supports altering rich content like headlines, banners, contact info, texts...It can be applied to your products' prices as well.  You can create content rule for multiple locations so visitors from different regions can see content differently. 

The tool is easy to use and integrate. Shopify platform is perfectly supported.

Hope it helps!