Issue with Mutation `checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3`

Not applicable

Hello,

I've hit a brick road in developing a custom checkout with the following Storefront GraphQL mutation `checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3`.

https://shopify.dev/docs/storefront-api/reference/mutation/checkoutcompletewithtokenizedpaymentv3?ap...

My store is A Development Store with a Private App that uses the Storefront GRAPHQL API. Shopify Payments is enabled with Test Mode on

I have made sure that all required permissions/scopes are checked.

Mutation

mutation checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3($checkoutId: ID!, $payment: TokenizedPaymentInputV3!) {
  checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3(checkoutId: $checkoutId, payment: $payment) {
    checkout {
      id
      completedAt
    }
    checkoutUserErrors {
      code
      field
    payment {
      id
      errorMessage
    }
  }
}

Variables

Please note that paymentData value is generated with Stripe Elements (https://stripe.com/docs/stripe-js)

I have tried passing in the "Test" variable, Which currently defaults to false however another error is returned "Test is not supported"

{
  "checkoutId": "...",
  "payment": {
    "paymentAmount":{
      "amount": "1",
      "currencyCode": "NZD"
    },
    "idempotencyKey": "123",
    "billingAddress": {
      "firstName": "",
      "lastName": "",
      "address1":  "",
      "province": "",
      "country": "",
      "city": "",
      "zip": ""
    },
    "type":"SHOPIFY_PAY",
    "paymentData":  "tok_....."
  }
}

With the following result.

{
  "data": {
    "checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3": {
      "checkout": {
        "id": "...",
        "completedAt": null
      },
      "checkoutUserErrors": [],
      "payment": {
        "id": "...",
        "errorMessage": null
      }
    }
  }
}

The following is shown in my "Abandoned Checkouts" 

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200723214535.png

Could someone with more experience shed some light onto what is happening.

I have successfully  checked out with the web URL. However, I would prefer not to redirect users outside my application.

Thanks.

Replies 9 (9)

Not applicable

Well this has been a bit of a headache and it seems like an issue that hasn't been addressed apart from 'Use the Web URL', Which would be fine and all, However what would the point be in creating a customized store front and having users redirected to another address such as xyz.myshopify.com/checkout..

I've decided to ditch shopify completely.

AndreBastos
Excursionist
15 0 23

Any updates on this? I'm also trying to create a payment using the checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3 and i'm also unable to process a test payment.

gabrielmlinassi
Tourist
5 0 4

Same problem. I'm thinking about using a new solution. Do you guys have some other options you can share here?

AndreBastos
Excursionist
15 0 23

@vix could you give some informations related to this?

taylor_bf
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

@_JB  Could you please update how to proceed on the customized storefront api for a private webapp built only for a specific merchant.

tcmleung
Excursionist
15 2 10

I have the same situation.

Do you have any update?

VishalSatwara
Visitor
2 0 2

Any update on this issue , getting same problem when using mutation for checkoutCompleteWithCreditCardV2

tcmleung
Excursionist
15 2 10

Finally I found that we cannot use private app to execute checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3.

We have to develop our app on Shopify Partner. And the app must be public. Then you need to request for payment.

It is the only way to do so.

To workaround, I am trying to use Selenium to simulate the payment process. Hope it helps.

zachsitka
Shopify Partner
12 1 2

Has anyone been able to figure this out? I am having trouble with a similar situation where I am not getting any feedback about whether or not an order is completed when I send this mutation. If I use a good credit card or a bad credit card, I get the same exact payload. There is no way to see whether or not the order has failed to process payment or was successfully created. I cannot use this mutation to complete orders because of this.