Metafields for collections in the storefront API

Holm
Tourist
8 0 9

It would be very helpful if metafields could be exposed on Collection also in the storefront api. All the infrastructure seems to be in place for this to happen as it is exposed on Product and ProductVariant.

The metafields can already be made visibile via the metafieldStorefrontVisibilityCreate by setting the owner type as COLLECTION. However the metafields is not exposed at all in the storefront api.

Would be really great if someone could enable that. I can't really see any downsides given metafields would not be visible by default, and from all I could tell it should be pretty quick to do.

Replies 4 (4)

vix
Shopify Staff
540 103 122

Hi @Holm 

It is a feature request we are aware of and will investigate adding. The best place to watch will be the changelog. Thanks! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

janoschpelzer
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi vix, so are you planing to release this feature? I mean what are collection metafields even for when you can't read them with the Storefront API...

janoschpelzer
Tourist
3 0 3

That's good news! I'm currently abusing the collection's description by storing all my metafields as a JSON-String in there and parsing it on the client side LOL😅