Shopify requests "subscription_billing_attempts/failure" webhook. But, Shopify creates real payment.

camelmasa
Shopify Partner
83 10 27

Hi,

We are providing subscription app "定期購買" using Shopify subscription API.

We called billingAttempt mutaion API by scheduled subscription contract at 2021-07-14 21:00:00 (UTC+0).
Then, Shopify requests "subscription_billing_attempts/failure" webhook at 2021-07-14 21:00:22 (UTC+0) . But, Shopify created real payment.

It was specification? Or, bug?

Thanks,

Replies 5 (5)

yalshekerchi
Shopify Staff (Retired)
14 4 5

Hello camelmasa,

Thank you for you question!

Did you receive an errorCode or errorMessage for the SubscriptionBillingAttempt?
You can query for those fields using the GraphQL API if you still have the SubscriptionBillingAttempt id, otherwise you can access the SubscriptionBillingAttempt using the billingAttempts field on the SubscriptionContract type if you have the SubscriptionContract id.

This page has more documentation on the SubscriptionBillingAttempt: https://shopify.dev/api/admin/graphql/reference/orders/subscriptionbillingattempt

Thanks

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

camelmasa
Shopify Partner
83 10 27

Hi 

Thank you for replying.

The errorCode was"unexpected_error" and the errorMessage was "Payment has already been made for this InvoiceID."

Also, I sent webhook headers and body logs on a contact form.

Thanks,

yalshekerchi
Shopify Staff (Retired)
14 4 5

Thanks for the information!

I have contacted you via Private Messages to request more information regarding the issue.

camelmasa
Shopify Partner
83 10 27

Thanks! I sent a message.

JuanHoyos
Shopify Staff
43 4 6

Hi camelmasa,

Thank you for all the information you have provided about this situation. We are working towards a definitive solution.

Meanwhile, merchants can refund and resubmit a billing attempt whenever possible.

Juan