Can't get CSV to import /uc is not a valid image

all4kids
Tourist
5 0 0

I am trying to upload and am getting the attached errors. The file seems correct, can someone look at it for me? It doesn't make sense that the single image items are going in just fine, but the multiple images are giving "/uc is not a valid image type" even though the single images are also /uc. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb0t08hhh9a2gv9/Book2.csv?dl=0

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 8.49.20 AM.png

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@all4kids 

What are the additional lines for? Are they only to add images, or are they variant options? 

If they are only for adding additional images, then you have incompatible data included in a number of columns. You need to remove data from: 

• Variant Inventory Qty
  • Variant Inventory Policy
  • Variant Fulfillment Service

You also have data in Image Position. For example, Line 3 has the value "1" in Image Position, but you do not have data in this column for lines 4-6. You would want to add the additional values to lines 4-6 or remove the value from line 3. 

In a perfect world, that should resolve your issue. However; in the event that it doesn't, then it may require using a different image source for the system to download the images from. 

Let me know how that turns out! 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

all4kids
Tourist
5 0 0

Thanks Peter, I appreciate your help. Yes the extra lines are just to add multiple images to the same handle. I thought I wasn't supposed to include those items you mentioned too, but I got this error from shopify when I tried to upload it without them. Here is the file giving that new error, when I removed the excess data you mentioned. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0gexw325onausc/Smaller%20batch%20no%20Image%20position.csv?dl=0 Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.26.02 AM.png

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@all4kids 

Thank you for trying! I see that in the CSV file you included you also have values in Variant Barcode - Could you try removing the values from this column for any image line? That should hopefully do the trick. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog