Can I create a dual-brand Shopify site similar to Crate & Barrel?

SauntraHC
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi,

im wondering if it’s possible to have a shopify site function like Crate&Barrel and Crate&kids. If you go to the Crate&Barrel website, it’s almost like two brands in one website. They have two tabs in the drop down menu and there’s a second homepage for their kids brand with it’s own navigation etc. BUT it’s all done under www.crateandbarrel.com. Im planning on relaunching my shop hopefully in the near future and have a kids line that id love to have set up similarly to this. Any apps or ideas?

Replies 3 (3)

Wahab_Ahmad
Shopify Partner
773 114 200

Dear @SauntraHC,

www.crateandbarrel.com

On this website, Shopify Developer has made two different home pages for different brands and Design pages according to brands. When you click on tabs, the Site will load the home page according to Brand.

I hope, It will helpful for you.

Regards,

Wahab Ahmad

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Chat on WhatsApp .
Feel free to contact me Email : wahabahmadghori@gmail.com |
Buy Me A Coffee
SauntraHC
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi,

Thanks for responding. This doesn’t answer my question though, or I’m not understanding your response. I’m aware that they have two different brands and tabs take you to the other brand. But this is all done under one website but has two homepages. I suppose my question is, how do you have two home pages without it being two separate websites?

Second homepage is here:

https://www.crateandbarrel.com/kids/

They have just created a page under the main website, but I’m not understanding how they’ve made it to function like it’s own homepage?

Thanks 

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

@SauntraHC 

This is not a Shopify store. So they just assigned a new URL in their own server (the URL "/kids/") and coded a page that resembles a homepage. Because it's their own server they can code anything and have the URLs named as they wish.

Within Shopify, any other page that is not the homepage would have a "/pages/" URL.

Therefore, if CrateAndBarrel was hosted on Shopify, instead of "crateandbarrel.com/kids/" the URL would look like "crateandbarrel.com/pages/kids/".

It's worth mentioning that any experienced developer would be able to code a "homepage" within a page like "crateandbarrel.com/pages/kids/" in Shopify.

I hope it helps to bring you some clarity on this.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.