Debut theme - Product thumbnails as slider

Solved
bluchill
Excursionist
30 0 4
schaudhri
6 0 0

Thank you for trying at least. I was at wits end. Where do we insert it? It seems like most things alter the liquid file? Is that the one where all design elements go.

i guess based on my basic understanding of web coding it would be a JavaScript or CSS handler. 

0 Likes
bluchill
Excursionist
30 0 4

Well yeah it says the theme/CSS file. Let us know if it does anything for you .

bluchill
Excursionist
30 0 4

Hello fellow hustlers, so I have just been chatting to a shopify robo-helper (until I got disconnected) about resolving the change in code and their 'developer's' solution is go to my old store (which is on pause) download the old code and then upload it to my new store so I have the thumbnail images be in a line/row, but I told her my contention is that there are people looking for this solution and it would be much easier to tell us all how to effect this change but 'she' said this was the only way as they do not know the 'extensive changes that have been made.' Basically I should go and reactivate my old store download the code and upload the code my new store and they will refund me the $29 as the 'developers' see this as the solution. I am shocked to be honest....I have no words, so their 'developers' is on an individual basis the way I understand it. I made it clear that this was not a solution and I can't do that as it is a round-about way and one person applicable 'solution'..... 

0 Likes
GiraffeSports
Tourist
3 0 2

@bluchill 

Outrageous. plus $29 is definitely not worth it for what should be free with every theme... i searched everywhere in the community but ended up paying $15 for a solution from someone here in community since I couldnt find it anywhere... it is working fine, but definitely should be native of debut to offer these options .

DELONG_HUANG
Excursionist
49 0 6

Does this still work?

0 Likes
bluchill
Excursionist
30 0 4

Nope Shopify has since changed the code and now it doesn't work anymore, but I believe there is one that might be working (not exactly sure where it's supposed to be pasted), will try to leave a link a link to it.

0 Likes
Daniel134
Excursionist
10 0 6

I have a similar issue. Currently on debut theme and the product image display does not look professional because it shows images at different sizes. 

Is there a way to present this as a uniform size of images in the image selector? Is there a better way of achieving this, or is there something else I am not thinking about. Screenshot below for example of what I am talking about: 

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 4.13.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-11 at 4.12.59 PM.png

0 Likes

@Daniel134 

This can be a potential solution for your current issue.
It will add a slider to your Debut's thumbnails, you can also change an option to make them be vertically aligned instead of aligned on top.

Please let me know whether it attends your needs, I'm happy to further assist.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Slideshow section not looking good or cutting off? Try the Slideshow (PRO) section. No apps required.
◦ Replace apps with copy/paste code snippets. Examples here.
◦ In need of coding help? I'm available for hire! ezfycode@gmail.com
0 Likes