FROM CACHE - en_header

Domain transfer from Shopify

mike2325
1 0 0

I recently closed my Shopify store and received my domain transfer code. I am going to be using the domain name I bought through Shopify but I need to change the nameservers setting at my domain registrar to allow me to host a domain name with a different provider. Where can I login to my domain registrar’s client area and manage the domain.

Thanks

Mike

Replies 35 (35)
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
827 54 126

Hello, @mike2325

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team, here to help. 

Sounds like your next step is going to be to complete the transfer process. In short, you'll want to do the following steps: 

Your domain will be locked again if you don't complete your transfer within 30 days.

Let me know if you need anything clarified! 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Kingtut
5 0 0
Hi. I have also closed my Shopify account but would like to transfer my secondary domain. May you assist?
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
827 54 126

Hi @Kingtut,

I'd be happy to help. May I ask where you purchased the domain in question from?  Is the problem that you need to access your old store to disconnect your domain or are you just looking for instructions on how to transfer it to a new store? Or, are you wanting to transfer a domain to a third-party platform? 

There are several steps involved in a domain transfer, detailed here. 

Additionally, if we are dealing with a third-party domain you can learn how to remove it through your admin. If you are transferring a Shopify domain away from Shopify, you'll want to be sure it's been over 60 days and then use the guide here to manage your transfer. 

If this is a case of transferring a domain from a closed store to a new account, let me know and I will reach out via email with the next steps. Please be sure the email address on file for your forums account is up to date! 

Kingtut
5 0 0
Thanks for your response. My Shopify site is closed and I purchased a sub domain from them. I just want the domain name released so I can add it to my 3rd party provider.
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
827 54 126

Hello again! 

I'm happy to help you out with this. Please check your email and send me a reply as directed and we can get the ball rolling for you. 

Any questions, just let me know! 

ZoomziShop
4 0 0

Hi,

I'm looking to transfer my .co.uk domain out from shopify but requires customer support which I can't reach.

Please contact me as I'd like to transfer the domain.

Thank you

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
827 54 126

Hello @ZoomziShop

Thanks for reaching out and for your patience while I got back to you. At your convenience, please check your email to find further instructions so I can assist you with your domain transfer.

Any questions just let me know! 

Misha0
2 0 0

Hi,

I initiated my domain transfer from Shopify to crazydomains and even though the shopify domain manager shows domain is unlocked , with authorization code and a public WHOIS. Crazydomains is telling me they cannot see this info and that the domain is blocked for a transfer.

I have been stuck with this for 3 days now! Please help

Capture.JPG

Ines2
8 0 0

Hello,

I started the transfer of my domain out of shopify. I followed the instructions for transfer and got the transfer code. However this code gave me an error on Tucows (where I want to transfer the domain to). See below. Could it be that the code expired as I used the one that I got a week ago? Please help me as I don't want to keep paying shopify until I transfer the domain...I am no using the store anymore for the last 2 months! Thank youAthorization failed.jpeg

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
827 54 126

Hi @Misha0

Thanks for posting. To get a clearer understanding of what's going on with your domain transfer, I'll need to have a closer look at the account. I have sent you a secure email to verify your account. Please respond as directed and we can proceed with looking into this issue for you. 

Kingtut
5 0 0
Hi

There are funds outstanding on my Shopify account so I’m unable to access it.
I don’t mind you sending me that secure link and we can proceed.
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
827 54 126

Hey there @Kingtut,

I reached out via email on May 5th to get the ball rolling on this for you.

There'll be some specific instructions to carry out in order for our team to be able to process the request for you. If you need a hand or any clarification, be sure to respond directly to that email so our team can help you out while maintaining the security of your personal information. 

Kingtut
5 0 0
Hi
Please get them to get hold of me
Ines2
8 0 0

Hello @Ren

Please can you assist me urgently with this?

Thank you

Ines

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
827 54 126

Hi @Ines2

Thanks for the tag. Where did you purchase the domain from? Was the error code appearing on Shopify's end? Have you reached out to Tucows to see if they are able to provide clarification on how to proceed? As this is something that deals with secure information, I will need to move you to email to take a closer look on our end. 

Please check your email and follow the directions to help me validate your account and get the ball rolling. Thank you! 

zpalm
1 0 0

HI - I am trying to transfer my domain to another provider and the transfer code is not working.  Can you assist? 

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
827 54 126

Hi @zpalm 

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, thanks for your post. Can you clarify what seems to be happening when you attempt to use the code? Are you getting any sort of error message? Does your domain end in .co.uk.eu, or .be?

How long ago did you purchase your domain? Are you attempting to transfer more than 30 days after beginning the process? Any further details you can provide will help me know how to best assist you. Thank you!

LesNicole
1 0 1

@Ren Hello- is there a way to transfer my domain name away from Shopify without being charged for the month? I would like to move my domain name to a new platform but I don't have access to anything in the account without selecting a plan. HELP!

Matej_Kubis
1 0 1

Hello, i got the same issue, my store is not alive anymore and i would like to transfer domain. My domain was renewed in september via Shopify. How can i get the code to transfer the dommain? 

Could you reach me through my e-mail too? It will be really helpfull. Thanks 🙂