Embed 'Add To Cart' to separate website with stock availability through API

webAtJuice
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, 

Apologies if this is posted within the wrong forum. 

However I believe I recall seeing a feature that Shopify was working on and am trying to determine whether it is possible. 

I work with a client that sells their products to third party retailers. And those retailers sell their products online. Instead of them selling directly.

For their digital experience, what we are aiming to achieve is:

• Access a third party store stock level for a product via an API
  • If stock is available, embed an 'Add to cart' button on that particular product page.
  • When clicked, takes the user to a unique checkout page explaining that it is a third party checkout. 

The aim here is to increase sales for third party retailers that utilise Shopify and let users who browse their website make purchases directly on their site. Please note that sales on their site are not possible. 

Is this achievable? 

Reply 1 (1)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

@webAtJuice wrote:

However I believe I recall seeing a feature that Shopify was working on and am trying to determine whether it is possible. 

Could you be more specific?

All of that should be possible but from your description is has little to do with shopify, things are loosely defined and kinda just sounds like your process is just like drop shipping.

If all those stores are on shopify they need to build apps to get their inventory and allow you to communicate with their app server.

It's not clear what product page is where on whose site.

When clicked, takes the user to a unique checkout page explaining that it is a third party checkout

If they are on shopify that's using the draft orders api.

If you need discovery services to surface technical details contact me at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org