Solved

Hide SKU from featured product on home page

chicaffluence
Tourist
8 0 3

Hello,

I have a featured product displayed on my home page here: www.chicaffluence.co.uk 

The product is currently showing an SKU code which I want to hide. There isn't an option in my theme settings - I am using the Debut theme.

Is there any code I can use to hide this SKU?

Thank you

Accepted Solution (1)
diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2934 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@chicaffluence 

Please follow this tutorial. Let me know if you have any issues.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ I can help you further! Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
◦ Follow my blog & youtube for more free coding tips.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @chicaffluence .

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you're looking to hide the SKU on the featured product on your homepage. I've taken a look at your store and it seems the SKU that I'm seeing is actually the product's variant title, as it's giving me the SKU in a dropdown. 

Here's what I'm seeing on the featured product on your homepage:

A simple way to fix this is to edit the products and change the option and variant titles, as you won't need to require re-create your products with this method. Since we'll need to edit the placeholder and variant titles, we'll need to edit two separate fields. When editing the products, you can select multiple variants and select Edit Variants. Then, choosing Edit option values will allow you to change the placeholder title of the variants.

The next step is to change the variant titles and replace them with an attribute relating to the product (eg. colors, sizes, or materials). Using the example from your store, as it only has one variant, you can consider changing it to 'one size' to represent the size or '18k gold + sterling silver' to represent the materials.

Alternatively, you can also recreate your product and have them created without variants. However, if you're dropshipping, then this might not be a viable option - As recreating the product may break the link between the app and the imported products. 

It is possible to remove the SKU from appearing on your theme; however, this doesn't look like the solution in this case, as the SKU seems to be coming from the variant. Furthermore, hiding the SKU will hide the SKU across all products. Since you're using a Shopify-supported theme - You're eligible to use the complimentary design time included with your subscription on customizing your theme. While we're unable to create customization requests via the Shopify Community Forums at this time, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callbacks. Please visit Shopify Help Center and log into your account to create a support request. 

That being said, I think your shop looks amazing - I see a good use of high quality images and a nice variety of sections. I'm also seeing a good amount of resources shared on your navigations, which I'm sure your customers will appreciate. Would removing the "Powered by" message in your footer be something that interests you? 

Also, do you have a marketing plan for your store yet?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

chicaffluence
Tourist
8 0 3

Thank you - I have contacted the Support team.

I would like to hide the Powered by line. How is it possible to do this please?

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2934 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@chicaffluence 

Please follow this tutorial. Let me know if you have any issues.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ I can help you further! Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
◦ Follow my blog & youtube for more free coding tips.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @chicaffluence.

You can remove the powered by message using our guide, which hides the message through the Language editor. The method suggested by @diego_ezfy works as well; however, this method will involve changing your theme's coding. If you're not comfortable with coding, or you'd like to be able to put back the message easily, then I'd recommend following our guide here: Remove 'Powered by Shopify' from your store

If you run into any roadblocks, simply get back to me here and I'd be happy to take a closer look!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog