Holly Crap! Shopify duplicating Ebay sales, double shipping! LOOSING MONEY!!!!!

Kurtis_Van_Kamp
Excursionist
27 0 20

Shopifys link to Ebay is doubling up on everything.  

I just realized today, that besides an order showing up in Shopify, that the same order shows up on Ebay.  My employees have, not to their fault been shipping two orders to ever customer.

What a crap show and failure on the part of Shopify!  

@Shopify, if your app links dont work, dont use them!  You just cost me hundreds of dollars in double shipments!

You guys are really loosing focus lately now that you are only worried about your stock price.  Very disappointing! 

Replies 6 (6)

Kurtis_Van_Kamp
Excursionist
27 0 20

As usual, no response from Shopify, as its a subject they choose to ignore.  Are these forums actually helpful?

Timothy_Green
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having the same issue.

Just went to verify an order on Ebay that Shopify said was sold today and needed to be shipped.

It was the Exact Order # from a sale from over a month ago that has already been fulfilled, just about lost over a $1000 if I did not verify.

Kurtis_Van_Kamp
Excursionist
27 0 20

If you ship on ebay, it will clear out of shopfiy if you wait a while, sometimes an hour.  We basically ignore any "ebay" order we see in shopify.

OUR BIGGER PROBLEM is shopifys inability to establish a default shipping method.  We ship hundreds of packages USPS first class.  if you ship something UPS, then that will be default for your next shipment.  I have shipped a package UPS, gone home, and next morning came in looking at over 100 packages with $7-$10 UPS labels on the each.

Just like you, no fault of my employees, i can only ask them to do so much, but this has been going on for years, and would only take a programmer about 10 minutes to fix.  They do not focus on anything of importance, instead of giving us default shipping method, they waste their time changing the "see live view" feature, which in fact, they just broke when they did their update a few months back, and havnt even fixed that total waste of a feature.  They should be embarrassed and ashamed!

Timothy_Green
Visitor
2 0 0

CHAT LOG WITH A SHOPIFY SUPPORT REP:

Shopify is duplicating eBay Orders from over a month ago and saying they are not shipped.

Chat started with Maya M
Maya M

Hello! Thanks for reaching out to support. I am Maya, your Shopify Support Advisor here to help you today!

That's strange Timothy! That definitely does not sound like an ideal situation. When did this start happening?

Timothy

well I hope today is the first time

otherwise we are out a lot of money

i see it is a common issue after doing a google search

people have reported shopify duplicating old orders out of no where

We would have just blindly shipped this order, if we did not go over to ebay and verify the order

we would have been out a $150 + Shipping if this was not caught on this order.

we already printed the shipping label and was packing the order

Maya M

Wow! I'm really glad that you were able to catch that Timothy. That would definitely be a very unpleasant suprise

I took a look through my resources and I was able to find that eBay has a number that you can contact in these situations. Our Support Staff does not have any resources on eBay and we are asked to direct all merchants to eBays point of contact for their Shopify Sales Channel

Timothy

this is a Shopify problem

don't ignore it

nothing to do with Ebay

You took an old order and duplicated it

The order you said happened today, did not happen anywhere else expect shopify

do not try to push me to Ebay support

this is a YOU problem, have a developer look into it

Maya M

I totally understand your frustration and want for a resolve, especially with the potential of losing money. I definitely get how this can be seen as a Shopify problem however, it has to do with the API that eBay built and they are the best to answer these questions. In my resources, I am asked to direct any and all questions about eBay to eBay support

Timothy

then shut down their APP if it has errors

Don't offer the Ebay Channel then

why would you let this happen?

Maya M

I definitely understand that you have lost some hope with what happened with the Order duplication and I wish there was more that I could do in this situation for you Timothy. I have the number here to contact eBay (1 (855) 411-3376) and they would have the resources to best answer your questions

Chat Ended....

Kurtis_Van_Kamp
Excursionist
27 0 20

Typical.   And Useless.  But typical, this is pretty much the highest level of support you will get from shopify, they just plain DO NOT CARE.  

reuse
Tourist
3 0 6

After a lengthy conversation with shopify support, yes, they do not care. They obviously know about this issue and try very hard to push the problem on to other apps. They do not offer solutions or work arounds.

I want the control over where my orders go just as I have control over where my listings go. We have thousands of items on eBay that will never be listed on Shopify. So we can not shut down those integrations with our shipping software. We need to be able to turn off small aspects of the integration. It is not a big ask.

I have a work around for now. Disable the Shopify integration in the shipping app, fulfill all orders, re-enable the integration and the only thing left is shopify orders.

Hope this helps someone.