How can I add a struck-through price to all items in my Debut themed store?

D7N
Visitor
1 0 0

My store currently has a price of which that specific item costs, how would I go by adding a price infront of that one but with a strike through it. I need to do this to all my items in my store.

Example: $50 $29.99

I'm using Debut theme. 

Replies 2 (2)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 199

Hey, @D7N!

Sure, you can do this by adding a Compare At Price to the product via the admin. There is a detailed guide here that will show you how to do this, but I can walk you through this here too! 

Firstly, you can go to the Product section of the admin and select the product you want to update the sale price on. You can then go to the price and edit the 'compare at' field. This is where you would add the old price, so using your example you would add $50 here. In the price field, you can now add the sale price of $29.99.

02-35-39010-55080

Save the changes you've made, and it will then display like this on the live Debut theme on the homepage: 

02-28-14672-53656and like this on the actual product page:

02-30-52375-9527

The method I mentioned above is best if you only have one variant, it's a little different if you have several different variants! If you want to update the sale price on several different variants at once, you can select all variants on the product page, then open the bulk editor:

02-32-95174-34616

This will allow you to add sale prices in Bulk! This is what the bulk editor looks like from the product page:

02-37-70815-97330

You can actually go one step further if you want to add sale prices to a lot of products at once by opening the bulk editor on all products at once! To do this, you can go back to the main product page in the admin and select all products. An option to 'Edit products' will appear once you select all products, here you can edit the same way as you would a single product like the method above. 

02-41-94046-60872

So there are several ways you can do this! Hopefully, you will find a way that works best for you! Are you currently running any sales on your store in the run up to BFCM? I'd love to hear more about your plans to see if I can make any helpful suggestions for you.

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

danielj123
Visitor
1 0 0

hello,

wondering if you can help on my product backend section my price and strike through price for some products when putting them in dont show up and cannot get a strike through price

any ideas?