Solved

How can I customize the default buttons on the Dawn theme?

TribocaArts
Shopify Partner
18 0 8

I am struggling to customize Dawn. I have found no way to modify the default buttons on the "Image Banner" section of the default landing page. I have searched, and copied and pasted multiple so-called solutions from this community with the green checkmark into base.css and theme.liquid files. I have not found any way to modify these buttons. What am I missing? Why is this so difficult? No solution appears to have any effect whatsoever. I have been successful with CSS and Liquid modifications in other areas of the theme. Seems to be hit-and-miss.

Accepted Solution (1)
Made4uo-Ribe
Shopify Partner
6407 1538 1908

This is an accepted solution.

Thank ypou for the info, do you mean like this? 

Made4uoRibe_0-1697215730673.png

If it is try this one. 

• From your Shopify admin dashboard, click on "Online Store" and then "Themes".
  • Find the theme that you want to edit and click on "Actions" and then "Edit code".
  • In the "Assets" folder, click on "base.css, style.css or theme.css" file, depending on which file your theme uses to store its CSS styles. At the bottom of the file, add the following CSS code:

.banner__buttons.banner__buttons--multiple a {
    background: darkblue;
    color: white;
}

• And Save. 
  • Note: You can change the color or used some hex color, but be sure you delete and replace only the color letters.
  • The other code or same problem that you see in the community, sometimes it work but not all the time cause you have different selector names in the stores. 
If this fixed your issue Likes and Accept as Solution is highly appreciated. Coffee tips fuels my dedication.
Get EXPERIENCED Shopify developers at affordable rates—visit Made4Uo.com for quick quote!
Do not lost your Shopify store! Get FREE trial with ✔️ Rewind Backup: Automatic, reliable, stress-free.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Moeed
Shopify Partner
3884 982 1226

Hey @TribocaArts 

Could you please provide your Store URL and, if applicable, the Password too? Also, can you tell me what customization you would like to make on your button? Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Moeed

Need a Shopify developer? Chat on WhatsApp

- For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
- Your Coffee Tip and my code, A perfect blend. ❤️
TribocaArts
Shopify Partner
18 0 8

tribocaarts.com
It is technically published, but I have not advertised at all. Nobody knows it exists yet. I have a premium theme, also, but wonder if that wasn't a waste of money, as I am not able to effect the customizations I want with that theme, either. Long term goal is to do it all myself, but I need to get the store up and running. I have a learning curve ahead of me and don't have the time to wait until I learn the ropes. Store is not password protected, but I use the collaborator permissions and code.

Made4uo-Ribe
Shopify Partner
6407 1538 1908

Hi @TribocaArts 

Would you mind to share your store URL? with password if still unpublish. And please let us know what changes you like in the button and which button? Thanks!

If this fixed your issue Likes and Accept as Solution is highly appreciated. Coffee tips fuels my dedication.
Get EXPERIENCED Shopify developers at affordable rates—visit Made4Uo.com for quick quote!
Do not lost your Shopify store! Get FREE trial with ✔️ Rewind Backup: Automatic, reliable, stress-free.
TribocaArts
Shopify Partner
18 0 8

tribocaarts.com
I tried to find a way to delete the stock image that ships with Dawn. I am favoring more light backgrounds, and the first button is white. Essentially, I added a nearly white image in the image banner. Don't know why this is so difficult, unless it's meant to drive shop owners to spend more money. I just want a darker button with light text, something more than a thin-lined rectangle.

Made4uo-Ribe
Shopify Partner
6407 1538 1908

This is an accepted solution.

Thank ypou for the info, do you mean like this? 

Made4uoRibe_0-1697215730673.png

If it is try this one. 

• From your Shopify admin dashboard, click on "Online Store" and then "Themes".
  • Find the theme that you want to edit and click on "Actions" and then "Edit code".
  • In the "Assets" folder, click on "base.css, style.css or theme.css" file, depending on which file your theme uses to store its CSS styles. At the bottom of the file, add the following CSS code:

.banner__buttons.banner__buttons--multiple a {
    background: darkblue;
    color: white;
}

• And Save. 
  • Note: You can change the color or used some hex color, but be sure you delete and replace only the color letters.
  • The other code or same problem that you see in the community, sometimes it work but not all the time cause you have different selector names in the stores. 
TribocaArts
Shopify Partner
18 0 8

Thanks so much! Yes, the correct object and syntax makes all the difference. Can I substitute hex codes for named colors here? Does the syntax change?

Made4uo-Ribe
Shopify Partner
6407 1538 1908

Yes, you can replace hex codes color. The color of the button is the one with the "background" code and the font color is the "color" . The default code change if you delete/remove this code it will automatic the default code come up. 

TribocaArts
Shopify Partner
18 0 8

Frankly, I have seen and tried solutions you and Moeed have offered in other threads. They did not work.