Solved

HOW can I verify my shopify domain for Facebook?

yourfavetsyshop
Visitor
2 0 1

I am begging you guys for a response that will work here - I've tried EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE solution and nothing has worked. I'm just trying to verify my Shopify domain for Facebook so that I can set up my Instagram Shopping account. This has truly been the most frustrating and unnecessarily complex process. It's been about a week of countless hours trying to set everything up and get this done. Like I literally had to learn how to code for this??? I cannot get the meta link code to work, whether I put it before or after <head> and <body>. It's worked for some people but isn't working for me. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @yourfavetsyshop 

To verify your domain with Facebook, you'll just need to select the DNS Verification method, rather than the HTML File Upload. Facebook has a help doc that walks you through the domain verification process here. This help doc also includes a video, which should make it easier to follow along. This is the best guide as it's from Facebook themselves and they would know best! 

Can I ask where you purchased your domain? If you purchased your domain from Shopify, then this can be done directly within your Shopify admin, in Online store > Domains > DNS Settings. We also have a help doc on how to edit your Shopify domain's DNS settings that you can refer to as well. If your domain is purchased through a third-party provider, however, then you will need to edit the DNS settings through your provider's website. 

Something else to think about and make sure of is verifying your domain with Google. Have you verified your domain with Google yet? We actually have a help doc on how to verify your domain with third-party services that I recommend checking out. Once your site is verified with Google, you will be able to submit a sitemap, which helps your store appear in search engine results. 

Let me know and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Solutions1
Trailblazer
152 12 24

Hello yourfavetsyshop!

Since you have tried almost everything to connect shopify domain to Facebook there can be multiple problems that can in Liquid coding or problem in you facebook authorization page in Short I can provide you the solution you can reach me out.

Will connect your shopify to your Facebook store and connect Instagram shop as well.

Thanks

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @yourfavetsyshop 

To verify your domain with Facebook, you'll just need to select the DNS Verification method, rather than the HTML File Upload. Facebook has a help doc that walks you through the domain verification process here. This help doc also includes a video, which should make it easier to follow along. This is the best guide as it's from Facebook themselves and they would know best! 

Can I ask where you purchased your domain? If you purchased your domain from Shopify, then this can be done directly within your Shopify admin, in Online store > Domains > DNS Settings. We also have a help doc on how to edit your Shopify domain's DNS settings that you can refer to as well. If your domain is purchased through a third-party provider, however, then you will need to edit the DNS settings through your provider's website. 

Something else to think about and make sure of is verifying your domain with Google. Have you verified your domain with Google yet? We actually have a help doc on how to verify your domain with third-party services that I recommend checking out. Once your site is verified with Google, you will be able to submit a sitemap, which helps your store appear in search engine results. 

Let me know and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.