How do I have a different layout for each collection page?

GarrettC
2 0 0

On my store, I have four different categories of items for people to look at and then a shop all page. The four main pages of different products are all good the way they are but the shop all page isn't. you see on the other four I have 3 rows and 3 items in each column. But this remains consistent through all of them and I can't separate this layout from one page to another so when it comes to the shop all page of 75 different products showing 3 columns and 3 rows you end up with 7 pages of products to look through. This would be fine if you could specifically have it where you can instantly click to page 2, or page 7, or page 4, you get the idea, you can't though. You have to manually press the next button or previous button and go one page at a time to go through the entire shop all area. So how do I make it so only on the shop all page it shows more of the products so there aren't so many pages you have to painstakingly press the next and previous buttons to navigate it. maybe there's a better way to fix my problem then what I'm asking if there is I'd love to hear it. 

Edit: I'm using the Debut theme Btw

0 Likes
shopify-dev-05
Explorer
66 5 8

Hello Garrettc,

Can you please let me know which theme you are using for your website. 

As you want to display all the products on same page without next and previous button then you would need to remove pagination. Due to pagination it is giving you the limit on the single page.

-Want to customize or make changes to a theme? Hire me.
-If my reply was helpful, Click Like to let me know!
- If your question was answered, Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
shayOwensby
Shopify Expert
169 40 84

Garrett, 

I would recommend creating a new template in the custom code section. Natively, Shopify automatically creates a /collections/all page. Some themes label this as a category page and others a collection. Once you create a custom template, you'll see a dropdown menu appear when you go to edit the collection (Online Store > Collections > ...). Select the template, save, and you will see a new view. You can create as many templates as you need, just be careful moving stuff around as you can start breaking things. 

Did I provide you with a working solution? Give me an Approved Solution!

Likes are appreciated as well :)
0 Likes
GarrettC
2 0 0

I'm Using the Debut Theme

0 Likes
shayOwensby
Shopify Expert
169 40 84

@GarrettC

I would be happy to help you with this. Once private messaging is back up, please feel free to message me and I can get you a collaborator account invite sent so I can knock this out on your theme real quick. Once I'm done, I can provide the community with a working solution. Please let me know!  

0 Likes
Anthony_Canning
2 0 0

Did I simple way to get a collection page different to the rest get discovered? I would like to add a "Christmas Catalogue" collection and have it look different than the rest of my site. Yes I have read the stuff about adding different templates and can follow that but what do I change in the new template file to give pages different colours, fonts, etc. There is nothing in the Template or corresponding Section code that sets up these things.

0 Likes
shayOwensby
Shopify Expert
169 40 84

@Anthony_Canning , You will need to add css to your store in order to accomplish the different the styling for that page. 

0 Likes
Anthony_Canning
2 0 0

Thanks shay Owensby.

The information seems to be in the timber.ccs.liquid but I am unsure what I need to change. I dont know if I could create a different one of that file and somehow get my section file to read from that. Its a little beyond by level of programming knowledge so I will probably just leave it so go for some different html for the section to at least head it up differently.

0 Likes
Akshay_V
Shopify Partner
433 16 56

@Anthony_Canning 

For that kind of code, you need Experts who have knowledge of Shopify liquid code, HTML, SCSS, jQuery, JavaScript. I can do it so if you want me to do that task then ping message or contact me on below contact information.

Akshay Vaghasiya | Shopify Expert
 - Like and Mark as an Accepted Solution if reply helpful
 - Feel free to contact me on info@lavitastic.com regarding any help
0 Likes
pixelshive
1 0 0

Hello. I'm looking for a solution that lets me customize each collection of a store with different elements, like the banners. I know that Shopify lets me edit the name and text, and change products in each collection, but not the entire look and feel, with the same template obviously in same store. I need to change the banner, because every collection is going to represent a female model with it's own branding (but under one same roof, like un umbrella store) and I need to change the banners reflecting the model with his own image. Does anybody knows how to proceed or even if this is possible? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes