How do I improve my page speed?

Alfred95
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi beautiful shopify-people.

I am wondering if any of you briliant minds can help me increase my stores online speed performance.

I am not very experienced in development or coding, which is why I was hoping some of you perhaps could point me in the right direction. 

My site: Depressedmedia.com

I have tried a few different things to improve the loading speed, but I can only get a few % of the score everytime, and im running out of ideas.

So far I have resubmitted all images to Jpg format

Tried to remove as many plugins as possible

removed some of the theme code I dont need

As previously stated, I am in no way a wizard in this field, so I have most likely missed a few important details along the way. 

I hope you can help me

Thanks in advance

Alfred

Replies 2 (2)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @Alfred95 

I'm happy to help offer some tips on page speed. With that said, what lead you to believe that your store needs to be improved? I did visit your website and it does appear to load quite smoothly without any obnoxious load times. Below I have compiled some page speed resources I recommend checking out:

Let me know if this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @Alfred95 

Your site actually performs really well! I ran it through the Shopify Analyzer (free tool our team built for the Shopify community) and it's scoring 100/100.

I also ran it through Google Page Speed Insights (PSI) just to see if I could get any additional feedback and there really isn't much to be done.

It's worth noting that the average scores we see when scanning Shopify sites with PSI are between 10-30 and you're scoring a 52. Well above average!

If I had to give 1 optimization tip, it would be to consider using a single static image instead of a slideshow on your homepage. Slideshows aren't very performant and we've found that they don't add much value. Most users don't take the time to scroll through all the slides, so you're loading up a bunch of large and unnecessary images.

Beyond that, I'd keep apps to a minimum (looks like you already are). Also, you mentioned that you uninstalled some apps. I'd go through your main theme files to see if there's any old app code that can be removed. 

Besides the few points I've made above, your site is in really good shape.

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)