How to add TikTok link & icon in footer [Venture theme]

Jen-X
Tourist
9 0 3

I tried to add my TikTok account to the footer of my Shopify site (Venture theme), but TikTok is not one of the platforms listed in Theme Settings/Social Media. (See screenshot for the 8 platforms that are available.) I'd be happy to replace Tumblr or Snapchat, since I don't plan on using either of them.

Is there an easy way to add the icon & link for TikTok to my "follow us" section, and make sure the hover text says TikTok?

Thanks!

My site: jens-virtual-parties.myshopify.com 

Replies 3 (3)

LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @Jen-X,

Please go to sections > footer.liquid file, in line 13 add code:

beforebeforeafterafter

Code:

<li>
                    <a href="" title="{{ 'layout.footer.social_platform' | t: name: shop.name, platform: 'TikTok' }}">
                      <svg aria-hidden="true" focusable="false" role="presentation" class="icon icon-tiktok" width="16" height="18" fill="none" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
                        <path d="M8.02 0H11s-.17 3.82 4.13 4.1v2.95s-2.3.14-4.13-1.26l.03 6.1a5.52 5.52 0 11-5.51-5.52h.77V9.4a2.5 2.5 0 101.76 2.4L8.02 0z" fill="currentColor">
                      </svg>
                      <span class="icon__fallback-text">TikTok</span>
                    </a>
                  </li>

Hope it helps!

LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool.
Effortlessly sell on biggest marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Facebook etc with bulk listing tool, real-time sync & smart order management. Use LitCommerce free for 1-year now!
Gustavo_Chile
Excursionist
13 0 3

hola buen dia
Gracias por esta solución.
Sólo tengo una consulta, en que parte del código tengo que agregar el enlace de mi TIK TOK para que haga la vinculación?

Quedo atento a la respuesta.
muchas gracias

BisonCheese
Tourist
3 0 0

your tiktok URL will be placed inside the quotes of 

<a href=""

(on the second line of code that is inserted)