Solved

How to change Powered by Shopify?

Valerius
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

I customized the theme for my client https://hot-tent.com/ and replaced the "Powered by Shopify" in the footer with "Powered by UT24Agency".
Tell me please where to find this code in order to insert a link to my site. In which file can url be changed

Powered by Shopify.png

Accepted Solution (1)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

This is an accepted solution.

@Valerius wrote:

I customized the theme for my client https://hot-tent.com/ and replaced the "Powered by Shopify" in the footer with "Powered by UT24Agency".
Tell me please where to find this code in order to insert a link to my site. In which file can url be changed

{{ powered_by_link }} is a static liquid object there is no other code to "find" it is not a snippet or have specific sub properties. 

To have your own link replace it with your own html <a> tag.

The closest you can do to customize the powered_by_link is to modify the translation value in your themes language editor by searching for "powered"

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

You could try replacing

{{ powered_by_link }}

with this

<a href="yourwebsitelink">Powered by Insert Agency Name Here</a>

p.s. Ensure not to paste the <a> tag within the curly {{ }} brackets.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
Valerius
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Yes

111.png

OrionWDesign
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey Mark, can you walk me through this?  I am confused lol

Aziz99
Shopify Partner
9 0 2

Hi Nick

Thank you for sharing this.

I tried this and it worked, but the hyper link text is showing in blue and changes to red when i click on it, can you please share how can i change the color for that?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Aziz99,

I'm not 100% sure what hyperlink you mean. If you removed the "Powered by Shopify" I'm not sure what could be hyperlinked. 

@OrionWDesign if you'd like someone to walk you through it, don't hesitate to log in here and speak to one of our support advisors in real time about how to remove this. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Aziz99
Shopify Partner
9 0 2

Hi again Nick

i haven’t removed the Powered by Shopify, i just edited it to show “Design By Agency Name” but then the colors issue happens, the text is shown in awful blue and turns into also awful red when clicked on. 
so i am asking how to change this color to make it neutral maybe white or black?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Aziz99,

Hmm, it shouldn't change autmatically. You should be able to alter the text colour in the editor but it could be different depending on the theme you're using. Could you contact an advisor on our support team by logging in here, please? This way, someone can verify you and take a look on their end and make sure you get this sorted out straight away. 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

This is an accepted solution.

@Valerius wrote:

{{ powered_by_link }} is a static liquid object there is no other code to "find" it is not a snippet or have specific sub properties. 

To have your own link replace it with your own html <a> tag.

The closest you can do to customize the powered_by_link is to modify the translation value in your themes language editor by searching for "powered"

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Valerius
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Thank you!

OrionWDesign
Visitor
3 0 0

did this work for you?  I am trying to do the same thing!  If you can help me that would be awesome!  Thanks!

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Valerius,

Great question. @PaulNewton hit the nail on the head here and removing it from the "Edit Languages" section of your theme is definitely the cleanest and most efficient way to remove "Powered by Shopify" from your theme footer. To get there you can take the following steps:

Store Admin > Online store > Themes > Current Theme > Actions > Edit Languages

It will look like this: 

28-32-uvdd3-0ujs1

You would just need to remove the wording add a space and then click save and it should be gone then. Let me know in a reply if you have any other questions about it!