How to Disable Facebook Commerce account from Shopify?

benceunybrands
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello Shopify people!

Hope you're dandy!

Context

I am in the process of moving a FB and Instagram page from the current FB Business Manager account to another one. I am having an error because an active Facebook Commerce account is linked to the FB and Insta pages.

FB support suggested I can only disable the FB Commerce account from Shopify since this is where the link was initiated.

Question

• Can you please help me figure out what I need to do in order to disable the Facebook Commerce account from Shopify?

Many thanks for your help in advance,

Ben

Replies 23 (23)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @benceunybrands!

Disabling a Facebook Commerce account from Shopify essentially means removing the channel entirely. 

When you deactivate your commerce account, you remove it and all Shops connected to your account. Your Facebook Pages, Instagram profiles, catalog, ad, and business accounts will no longer be connected to your commerce account.

Before you begin:

To deactivate your commerce account:

1. Go to Commerce Manager and select your shop.
  2. In the left-hand menu, click Settings.
  3. Click Edit in the top-right of the Commerce Account Info section.
  4. Click Deactivate Commerce Account.
  5. Enter your Facebook password and click Confirm.
  6. Choose an option from the Reason for Deactivating Account dropdown, or provide your own.
  7. Click Deactivate Account.

If you run into any further issues with Facebook or Instagram, we also have a fantastic community forum thread right here with steps on how to fix any current known issues for the Facebook channel. 

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

benceunybrands
Tourist
3 0 2

Thank you Moira!

Just a heads up that if the Shopify user initiated the link from the Shopify UI to crate a FB channel and by extension a Commerce account, then you CANNOT deactivate the Commerce account from FB.

According to a FB Support Associate the link must be suspended from Shopify, and then the Commerce account status will change to inactive.

I just deleted the FB Channel from Shopify so we'll see if it is indeed the case. I'll report back if it is.

Cheers,

Ben

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Thank you kindly for the insight @benceunybrands this will be extremely helpful moving forward. Please do let us know if removing the FB channel entirely resulted in a deactivated Facebook Commerce account.

All the best, 

benceunybrands
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello @Moira 

Despite us removing FB as a channel from Shopify, the Commerce account is still active...

Do you have any other idea how we can deactivate it, other than removign the FB channel?

Thanks

Ben

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

@benceunybrands 

I have just reached out to our technical team who have provided a few suggestions:

• Have you tried heading to integrations and removing your catalogueYou can deactivate your FB shop within https://www.facebook.com/commerce_manager. Delete your catalog first then

Click on "edit" near where it says "active", the box expands, and then it's hard to spot but there will be some grey text which you can click on to deactivate your FB shop. 

• Go to Business Manager > Business Settings and select 'Commerce accounts' under 'Account' on your left. If you have a commerce account, you'll need to go to Commerce Manager and disable it. Then you'll be able to remove/move the page. Previous merchants have had this issue when trying to remove a page from their business manager. It worked after disabling their commerce account in Commerce Manager.

Let me know how you get on! 

petermmm
Visitor
1 0 1

When you go into disable you dont have the option to disable. This screenshot is after you hit edit. really need your help. Thanks cc1.PNG

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Did you manage to delete your catalog first @petermmm

1. Go to Commerce Manager.
  2. Select the catalog you want to delete.
  3. Go to the Settings tab and select Catalog.
  4. Under Delete Catalog, select Delete. Select Delete again to confirm.

Once you have done this, let me know if you are able to deactivate your FB shop via the edit box. 

aykhan
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello, I tried to delete my Shopify Product Catalog in Commerce Manager, however, I encountered an ERROR message "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again later." Do you know how to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

@aykhan 

I'd be curious to know if we can isolate what you're seeing to your device or browser. Would you mind testing a few things for me?

• Clear your cache and cookies - When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

• Ensure your browser is up to date.

• Try an Incognito window.

• Try another browser (e.g. Safari).

• Try completing the same steps on your phone, using data rather than WiFi.

Looking forward to hearing how that goes!

acasademont
Shopify Partner
9 0 12

We're having the exact same error, no deactivate button visible and an unexpected error when trying to delete the catalog. Any help would be appreciated, seems like the link between shopify and facebook is still somehow active despite having deleted the FB channel.

Williamsilas2
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I have been having this exact same issue since last year May. I need to disable my commerce account from Shopify business manager and connect to a different one but there is no option to do that. After numerous attempts I have now decided to de activate my Shopify shop completely. 

Susan32
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi

Did activating Shopify completely allow you to then delete it please?

LC4_Performance
Visitor
1 0 0

What worked for me:

1. I also didn't get shown "deactivate commerce" link and I couldn't delete the catalog because of the error message.

Try editing the name of the catalog, save it under different name and then try to delete it. That worked for me and I got no error message. After that my commerce account wasn't even listed as it was deleted.

I hope this will work for you too.

Mohamedhisham
Visitor
1 0 0

hello, does deactivating the shopify shop disable the commerce account? I hope this works out

AsOne88
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hello 

I am also experienced cannot delete the shopfiy (deactivate) commerce from Facebook as there is no deactivate buttom to me to click on. 

Then I tried to delete catalog and also there is not way , 

Please advice?

Best regards, 

Annie

How can I delete the catalog in Facebook when it is all 

catalog.PNG

KaiM
Excursionist
19 0 3

I'm having same issue.

Never known two companies (Shopify and Meta) to be so unprofessional, disorganised, and quite frankly, incompetant.

Susan32
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Moira

It says I do not have permission to delete the catalogue

AsOne88
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

I got the same issue , how did you sort this? 

Any answer for this one yet?

anon_kool_user
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I'm still running in this issue and none of the proposed solutions work. Any updates?

Susan32
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Moira

I have followed your and Facebook's instructions above, however, there is no option for Deactivate Commerce Account available for me to select.

Jerry_Boyd
Visitor
1 0 0

I've lost all access to our Facebook Business Page, Commerce, and my Private account. (my private account was removed permanently by FB for me using a name other than my birth name.)

I've deleted our Facebook channel on Shopify, but our shop is still up. 

There is no way for me to get any kind of response from Facebook. 

CandyNZ
Visitor
2 0 0

I have managed to find a solution.

The aim here is to delete the catalogues. Once they are deleted, your Commerce Account will automatically disappear.

Inside Facebook Business Manager, go to the Data Sources Tab on the left-hand side.

1. In the Data Sources Tab should be a tab called Catalogues
  2. Select the Catalogue you want to delete.
  3. In the Top Right-Hand corner should be a button called Remove.
  4. Click Remove and a box should pop up asking Permanently Delete Catalogue? 
  5. Select the Remove Catalogue button.
  6. Done.
  7. Your Commerce Account should automatically disappear.

This worked for me, tried it twice without issue. I then reconnected my Shopify back to Facebook without issue.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Thank you kindly for the insight @CandyNZ , this will be extremely helpful moving forward.