How to edit a single product page?

ValGMB
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I'm about to switch from Woocommerce to Shopify. The issue I am facing is that I cannot figure out how to edit my product pages.

I have about 100 products, and while they all share the same template (structure), some of the content is unique to each product (for instance I use a before/after image widget, and every product must have its own). Same goes for each page (about us, faq etc), I can only edit the homepage using the drag and drop editor. What is the reasoning behind this ?

I'm disappointed that this isn't a native feature of Shopify, as it seems like one of the most elemental functionalities for a CMS, but I'd like to stick to it anyways.

What are some apps that will allow me to do this ? I've tried a couple of page builders but they seem to only allow editing of templates, and I can't edit each product page individually.

Thanks

Replies 2 (2)

NegativeSpace
Shopify Partner
18 3 6

Some of this is dependent on details I don't have but generally you can create new product templates to make changes for a specific product. 

The default product template is product.liquid, you could create a new template like product.example.liquid which will show up in the product settings as a box that looks like this 

NegativeSpace_0-1608601265368.png

This is how you can associate a specific product template to a specific product. I assume you could use your page building to make the new templates.

Hope this helps

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hi,

You can try this way. First, creating a new product template as your desire. Then, assigning this template for your products, and you’re done.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify