Solved

I have cancelled an automatic discount but I still see it applied.

Danielexx85
Explorer
99 0 15

Hi,

I have deleted an automatic discount on a collection but I still see it applied.

Anyone can help?

thanks

www.caglio.co.uk
Accepted Solution (1)
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for getting back to me with those screenshots, @Danielexx85!

I can see from your second screenshot that there are definitely no active automatic discounts on your store at this time. Regarding the first screenshot, when you say that the discount is still applied, are you referring to the sale price on the products in that collection? Or perhaps you're referring to the free shipping banner? 

If what you're referring to is one of the above two, then that would explain the confusion here. A banner like the one in your screenshot is not something that would be generated from an active automatic discount. Instead, those are usually either built into a theme and can be toggled/customized from within the theme customizer, or they're generated from an announcement bar/banner application. There's also the possibility that they can be hard-coded into a website. The sale prices on the other hand could be applied using compare at prices, which are set up within product settings. They could also be generated by a sale / discount application. My guess is the latter, since a "sale" badge is also present on top of the product images. 

Please reply back here and let me know if this helps point you in the right direction. If I've missed the mark, please let me know exactly what you're referring to in terms of an automatic discount that's seemingly still being applied. I look forward to hearing back!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @Danielexx85!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting your query in the Shopify Community Forums! 

I understand that an automatic discount on your shop isn't seeming to behave as expected. I'm happy to help troubleshoot this with you. Could you please elaborate for me on how you realized this was happening? For example, did a new order come through utilizing this discount after you had disabled it? 

Additionally, I'd like to test this out myself. Could you please reply back here with a link to your site and let me know the conditions to have this automatic discount apply? I'll add some products to the cart on my end and proceed to the checkout to test if the discount is still applying for me as well. 

Thank you , and I look forward to hearing back so we can further explore this together. 

Danielexx85
Explorer
99 0 15

Hi Ash,

I have deleted the discount but it is still applied. See screenshot.  Below also screenshot of I have deleted the automatic discounts.

my url is https://caglio.myshopify.com/

thanks

Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 12.59.16.png

Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 13.01.28.png

www.caglio.co.uk
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for getting back to me with those screenshots, @Danielexx85!

I can see from your second screenshot that there are definitely no active automatic discounts on your store at this time. Regarding the first screenshot, when you say that the discount is still applied, are you referring to the sale price on the products in that collection? Or perhaps you're referring to the free shipping banner? 

If what you're referring to is one of the above two, then that would explain the confusion here. A banner like the one in your screenshot is not something that would be generated from an active automatic discount. Instead, those are usually either built into a theme and can be toggled/customized from within the theme customizer, or they're generated from an announcement bar/banner application. There's also the possibility that they can be hard-coded into a website. The sale prices on the other hand could be applied using compare at prices, which are set up within product settings. They could also be generated by a sale / discount application. My guess is the latter, since a "sale" badge is also present on top of the product images. 

Please reply back here and let me know if this helps point you in the right direction. If I've missed the mark, please let me know exactly what you're referring to in terms of an automatic discount that's seemingly still being applied. I look forward to hearing back!

Danielexx85
Explorer
99 0 15

Thanks a lot for your reply. That was the problem, the compared price.

I have deleted them all and it is ok!

www.caglio.co.uk