What is causing the persistent liquid error on my Shopify page?

Bossybarbieco
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello I’m new to Shopify. I recently added the Shopify email app and then later downloaded privy and wanted to use that instead. I was unsure how to remove the older newsletter so I just deleted the Shopify email app all together. However the pop up kept coming up even after I deleted it. With this, I went into themes then customize. I then searched “pop” and then deleted multiple liquid themes thinking it those were the apps I added to my store. However now on my stores page there’s a liquid error pop up that I cannot seem to get rid of. I need help with removing this as well as removing the Shopify email pop up. 

Replies 2 (2)

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

Hi @Bossybarbieco

Please share your site URL and take a screenshot of error, so I will check and provide a solution here.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hey, @Bossybarbieco!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question. To uninstall the Shopify Email App simply head to Admin > Apps > hit the trash icon next to the app. There are no special uninstall instructions required for this app, which means you do not have to edit the theme code to properly remove the app.

Since you have made code changes, I highly recommend you revert them back or download a fresh copy of the theme. 

That should do the trick, but let me know if you have further questions.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog