Main Menu isn't live on my website

Katrina27
Excursionist
17 1 0

Hi.

I have recently changed from a free shopify website to a paid site.

I am in the process of changing the online look of the page. I deleted all the previous main menu items which came over when I upgraded, as I want a clean new look.

My question now is: when i create new menu items under navigation/main menu and then after saving - the new menu items don't show up on the live website? 

Can someone please let me know how I can rectify this? My website has absolutely no home or menu buttons.

Thanks in advance

Katrina

Replies 7 (7)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Katrina27,

Nick here from Shopify. That does seem very strange for sure! 

Without seeing your store admin navigation section, my advice is to double check there and make sure you have it set up the way you want. There are a couple of help guides from Shopify which you might find useful here:

Can I ask which theme you're using and if you changed theme during this process? Each theme is different and would have a different layout of sorts so maybe this could be the case here! If you could share a screenshot of what you're seeing or even a link to your store so I can see exactly what you mean, it would also be a huge help to figuring out what's happening here.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Katrina27
Excursionist
17 1 0
Hi Nick,

Here is a link to my site:

As you can see there are no menu items here, even the Home and Catalogue options are not here. When I go into ‘navigate' and try to add into my main menu,’navigate’ will allow me to add new menu items, but unfortunately nothing shows up on the website.

Is it possible to redownload the theme?

Many thanks
K

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Katrina27,

Did you remove the link to the store by mistake before posting by any chance? I can't see it and there seems to be a gap between the paragraphs.

It's definitley possible to re-download the theme, can you let me know which theme you're using and I can let you know if it's best to contact the developer if it's a third party or to download it for free again. But let's see if we can avoid that first! Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Katrina27
Excursionist
17 1 0
Hi Nick,

Many thanks for your help.

I am not sure if I deleted the home page link, I don’t remember doing it. Im not sure I would know how, hopefully it can be rectified.

I have bought the ’showtime’ theme.

Once again, many thanks

K
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Katrina27,

Sorry I meant in the reply to me above, there was no link to your store. Thank's for letting me know which theme you're using. Showtime is a great theme and designed by Mile High Themes. Because it is developed by a third party developer, your best next step is to contact them directly about the main menu. Becuase they wrote the code for it, they would be the best people to look into and fix this for you! You can contact them directly via their support page here

Katrina27
Excursionist
17 1 0
Many thanks for your help.

Regards
K

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

You need to select it again in Customize. After you choose successfully, it will display fine.
Hope it helps!

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify