Mini cart not updating when adding items to cart on homepage

kookierehab
Tourist
9 0 2

Please help when a customer tries to place an order and they click on add to cart it doesn't update the cart at all. You have to refresh the page in order for the items to show up. 

InkedScreenshot 2021-07-07 19.42.58_LI.jpgInkedScreenshot 2021-07-07 19.44.22_LI.jpg

Replies 5 (5)

iDoThemes
Trailblazer
207 43 91

I'm not sure exactly how you're store is set up, but it looks like the update cart function isn't firing after adding to cart.

DevTools - kookierehab.com_ 2021-07-08 14-52-28.pngDevTools - kookierehab.com_ 2021-07-08 14-56-03.png

Should be one of the above, if I copy and paste the code:

Shopify.onCartUpdate = function(cart) {
        Shopify.updateCartInfo(cart, '#cart-info #cart-content', 'shopping-cart');
    };

Into the browser console and execute it, the cart updates successfully. It should be a fairly simple fix to ensure this function fires after clicking those add to cart buttons.

Developer of Liquify Chrome Extension -- Enhance the Shopify Theme Code Editor

Theme Developer -- Drop me a line
kookierehab
Tourist
9 0 2

okay so i need to update bc.global.js.liquid and the index one. I am so sorry for all the questions

kookierehab
Tourist
9 0 2

is there away I can let you login and look at it. I don't have much but I am willing to pay you. 

iDoThemes
Trailblazer
207 43 91

Sure, send me a message.

Developer of Liquify Chrome Extension -- Enhance the Shopify Theme Code Editor

Theme Developer -- Drop me a line
kookierehab
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello, I am so sorry for getting back to you so late. I thought if I changed the theme that it would fix the issue but it didn't please help.