Needing to Edit Checkout Methods set in Place by Previous Admin

JBRaw
Visitor
2 0 0

I am the new manager of a brick and mortar store and I am trying to edit one of the check out settings on our online store. At checkout it currently says 'Select an ordering method' with a drop down of several options including 'Monday Delivery 6am - 10am'.... 'Wednesday Deliver 6am - 10am'.... 'Magnolia Store Pick Up' etc.

I would like to go in and edit these options but I'm not seeing anywhere on the back end where I can do this. I have tried looking under the Delivery, Shipping, Pickup, Checkout and Cart settings and don't see this option anywhere. I I also don't see any third-party apps that are affiliated with the way this is setup. Any ideas on how I can change this? When I select the pickup location, a day of the week drops down but then for some reason 10am is missing so I'd like to add that but also add other completely different options for customers that we deliver to at a certain business each week. Thanks! 

Replies 2 (2)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @JBRaw 

Happy to help and see if we can narrow down where these delivery times are coming from. To confirm, you are seeing these options at the checkout, is that right? If possible, if you could share a screenshot of what these drop downs / pick up times look like on your checkout would be helpful for troubleshooting. 

Regardless, there are only a couple options on how these could've been created, since offering specific pick up or delivery times aren't features that are available through the natural Shopify admin settings. 

1. They could've been added as Shipping rates. This wouldn't be an ideal solution necessary, but could be a possible work around the previous admin may have chosen. To look for these:

1. Head to Settings > Shipping and delivery
  2. Next to your Shipping profile (likely, General), click Manage rates
  3. Do you see any customized rates / times that have been added here? 

2. They've been added using a third party app. While I know you mentioned you looked for this, make sure you look very closely at the apps, even look up their names on the Shopify App store to read their description if you're not sure what they do! 

Let us know how this goes. Again, a screenshot would be really helpful here for troubleshooting so we can see what the rates look like, and where they're sitting - thanks! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@JBRaw wrote:

I would like to go in and edit these options but I'm not seeing anywhere on the back end where I can do this. I have tried looking under the Delivery, Shipping, Pickup, Checkout and Cart settings and don't see this option anywhere. I I also don't see any third-party apps that are affiliated with the way this is setup. Any ideas on how I can change this? 

Also check for private apps shopify.com/admin/apps/private/ interacting with shipping.

If that turns out to be a source of issue, you should have a discussion with the previous owner about undocumented processes. And if it's custom software you need to know how to control that process so it doesn't just disappear one day.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org