No products displaying in Featured Collection

buypreps
Tourist
6 0 1

How do I get products to show up in the featured collection on the main page? 

Replies 3 (3)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @buypreps!

When you add a new Shopify theme to your store, a default collection is connected to the featured collection section on your homepage. You can add products to this default collection for them to show up on the homepage, or you can use a different collection to connect to the featured collection section. You can follow the guides below to do both methods.

Add products to the default collection

1. First, we need to check the name of the collection connected to the featured collection section. Go to Online Store > Themes, then click Customize beside the theme in question to open the theme editor.
  2. On the left sidebar, click Featured collection.
  3. Take note of the collection name listed under Collection on the left sidebar.
  4. Click the left arrow on the upper left-hand side of the theme editor to exit.
  5. Go to Products > Collections.
  6. Look for the collection in question and click its title.
  7. Add products to the collection.
  8. Click Save if you're prompted to save the changes. It may automatically save so the Save button may not be clickable.

You can then view your website and the products will be on the homepage.

Change the collection connected to the featured collection section

1. Go to Online Store > Themes, then click Customize beside the theme in question to open the theme editor.
  2. On the left sidebar, click Featured collection.
  3. Click Change > Change collection under Collection on the left sidebar.
  4. Select the collection you wish to connect.
  5. Click Select.
  6. Click Save.

While you edit your homepage, have you given much thought to how you're going to design it? Your homepage is the main landing page for most visitors and it introduces your brand to potential customers. Therefore, it's crucial to set it up in a way that would catch their attention and make them want to browse your store. Map out your game plan and your goals, and carefully carry out your strategy on the homepage to get people to learn about your brand. You can get more tips on designing your homepage from this course on Shopify Learn.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

buypreps
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks. I figured it out. I needed to have active products for each collection.

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

@buypreps Ah! Thanks for sharing your solution. Products in a collection definitely need to have an active status for them to appear on the website. Glad that's sorted.

Should you have any other questions, don't forget to leave a post again!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog